+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Season Career Passer Rating

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G-GMen420 View Post
    5 road wins,1 home win and 2 neutral wins is Eli's record
    Yep. When I read the OP's post I was thinking there's no way Eli has 8 road wins, especially considering we beat Atlanta in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I love Eli ... but all of his playoff wins have come in two (magical) post seasons.
    Exactly. People need to keep things in perspective. And without Plaxico Burress hauling in Eli's passes throughout the 2007, we weren't going anywhere near that Super Bowl.

Not to mention if Eli didn't step up in 2007, he might have been out of a job the next year. Remember, Tom Coughlin had to answer two questions before the '07 season, how was he going to better relate to his players, and how was he going to get Eli on track.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Exactly. People need to keep things in perspective. And without Plaxico Burress hauling in Eli's passes throughout the 2007, we weren't going anywhere near that Super Bowl.

Not to mention if Eli didn't step up in 2007, he might have been out of a job the next year. Remember, Tom Coughlin had to answer two questions before the '07 season, how was he going to better relate to his players, and how was he going to get Eli on track.
    Why the "ifs"

The W's are W's - what perspective is needed?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    As a body of work, compared to someone who has been deep into the playoffs the majority of his career? Not very comparable.
    So, you think it's more impressive to win 1 or 2 playoff games over several year than to win the SB twice?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Peyton has been in 20 playoff games. Check Eli's stats after he has been in that many or even close to that many.
    Not knocking either player......just sayin'......
    Crossing my fingers Eli gets in 20 playoff games.

Do we all love Eli that much due to all these Eli threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Why the "ifs"

The W's are W's - what perspective is needed?
    The fact that those two post-season's were pretty magical as Krunch stated. Especially 2007.

We're Giants fan. That type of **** doesn't happen to us. It happens against us.

All these 4th quarter comebacks are a blast, but the reality is that if you always need to count on coming back, you really aren't that good to begin with.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Do we all love Eli that much due to all these Eli threads?
    Through no fault of his own, I now hate him more than Tiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The fact that those two post-season's were pretty magical as Krunch stated. Especially 2007.

We're Giants fan. That type of **** doesn't happen to us. It happens against us.

All these 4th quarter comebacks are a blast, but the reality is that if you always need to count on coming back, you really aren't that good to begin with.
    I see where youre coming from - had we won the SB this year there would have been talks of "dynasty" which is the furthest thing from what this team is. Very scrappy with knock-out punch ability.

Better to be lucky than good sometimes, but luck runs out.
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I see where youre coming from - had we won the SB this year there would have been talks of "dynasty" which is the furthest thing from what this team is. Very scrappy with knock-out punch ability.

Better to be lucky than good sometimes, but luck runs out.
    And there would have been some huge question marks from a lot of people also. Me included. Had we won this year, i wouldn't consider ourselves a Dynasty. Dynasties don't put on putrid performances on a regular basis for consecutive games.

+ Reply to Thread