+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Season Career Passer Rating

Both superbowl runs were Magical? What the heck is magical?

There was nothing magical about our superbowl runs. Our D carried us in 2007 and Eli showed up at the right time to make the plays that needed to made. In 2011 Eli carried us and the Defense made the plays that needed to be made.

Eli in the playoffs is just a different animal. Face it, he was built for the playoffs cause of his personality. I'm happy he is our QB, just wish he had a coaching staff that knows how to use the talent around him and a front office to build an Oline that could block.

7 OF THE WINS ARE ON THE ROAD (NEUTRAL SITE). BEAT ATLANTA AT HOME LAST YEAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    Saw a stat going into this playoff where Eli's post season passer rating was better than his brother and Tom Brady.

Added to that is Eli's 8-3 playoff winning percentage...more remarkable given the 8 wins are on the road.

Peyton Manning considered one of best "regular season" QBs of all-time...has a losing record in the playoffs.

I make that distinction because the there is an interesting dichtomy with the Mannings....one is regarded as one of the great Qbs of all time and the other a very good Qb who some will say is very inconsistent.

Yet, in the playoffs it is the total reverse...one is dominant and the other has a mediocre record.

What I found incredibly interesting is how the Broncos defense "let him down".

Hmm..they sure didn't let him down in the regular season.

I guess Peyton had a God awful defense in Indy as well? Which is weird because the Colts always had 10+ wins..every season. But all of a sudden the defense just all of a sudden collapsed in all the playoff games.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

I guess Peyton had a God awful defense in Indy as well? Which is weird because the Colts always had 10+ wins..every season. But all of a sudden the defense just all of a sudden collapsed in all the playoff games.
    The Broncos had that game won had the defense had not given up that 70 yard pass to Jones at the end there. Otherwise New England would be going to mile high this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    The Broncos had that game won had the defense had not given up that 70 yard pass to Jones at the end there. Otherwise New England would be going to mile high this week.
    Are you sure? They had a shot in over time...

Banned
    Are you sure? They had a shot in over time...
    They did, I'm not saying Peyton was great, he definitely screwed up in OT but the blame isn't all his.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    They did, I'm not saying Peyton was great, he definitely screwed up in OT but the blame isn't all his.
    Never said it was, but it always seems to be the "other persons fault".

Peyton has the better regular season stats playing against expansion teams like the Texans every year but in the playoffs it isn't even close.

Eli is far superior than Peyton in big games whether 50 year old Giants fans like it or not. The choke job last week was what Colts fans saw every year except for 06.

Even in Peyton's SB run, he threw 3 TD and 7 INT. None of these grandpas will admit his defense carried him to that one SB. Even his numbers in the
    SB win were meh. Not knocking Peyton though, he is a HOF in my opinion. He's just not the guy I would want in a big game. He was like that in college and the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Both superbowl runs were Magical? What the heck is magical?

There was nothing magical about our superbowl runs. Our D carried us in 2007 and Eli showed up at the right time to make the plays that needed to made. In 2011 Eli carried us and the Defense made the plays that needed to be made.

Eli in the playoffs is just a different animal. Face it, he was built for the playoffs cause of his personality. I'm happy he is our QB, just wish he had a coaching staff that knows how to use the talent around him and a front office to build an Oline that could block.
    They were magical because we were garbage during the regular season, than all of a sudden we turn it on and win the SB.

I don't understand the complaint that Eli's wins all came in two seasons. That's a good thing.

I'd much rather come away with SB victories some seasons and an early exit others, when compared to consistently winning a couple of early playoff games and then out of contention for the championship game or SB.

Yeah, it would be fantastic if we would consistently win at least a couple playoff games, and sometimes the SB. But, I think you are kind of jaded if that's what you really expect. Most every fan of other teams would gladly trade places in regard to our playoff appearances and victories. Be thankful fans!
    Do not feed the trolls.

+ Reply to Thread