+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post Season Career Passer Rating

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    They were magical because we were garbage during the regular season, than all of a sudden we turn it on and win the SB.
    I think you are letting your desire to argue has gotten the better of you.

First off, take a look at the number of teams that went into the playoffs as #4, 5 or 6 seeds and won--all of them played like garbage? The number of teams that get hot in the playoffs and go on to win it all far out number the #1 and #2 seeds that win it.

As a Giants fan, you should be very familiar with this; sadly, from both sides of the coin.

Secondly, your argument about 2 magical runs making up all of Eli's playoff wins is _________. You understand that the result of the 8 wins is 2 SB wins...the ultimate prize in any season, right? You seem to be saying that you care if Eli has post season wins that don't result in SB wins--that runs that do not result in SB wins are the mark of a good post season.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Peyton has been in 20 playoff games. Check Eli's stats after he has been in that many or even close to that many.
    Not knocking either player......just sayin'......
    well elis been in 11. so just multiply the current stats by 2 and that whole math j*** and then compare.

i found it interesting that of the 8x peytons been bounced his teams opening round (iirc it was 8, could have been 11x), 5 of those came when peytons team was the 1 seed. He been pretty bad in all honesty in the postseason. aside from the 2 runs which total 7 of his 9 wins (9-11 postseason record iirc), hes been absolutely terrible.
    further, did anyone see the stats on peyton throwing downfield 20 yds or more in the air?? he's been horrendous from that aspect especially the last game.

its like eli and peyton represent opposite sides of the talent spectrum. peyton is dominant in the reg. season, eli in the postseason. peyton dominant on passes 20 yds or less and average at best on passes 20 yds or more thru the air, while eli is dominant on passes 20 yds or more (compared to his contemporaries) and its above avg on passes 20 yds or less. peyton is an extrovert in dealing with his teammates and calling out mistakes while eli is much more introverted and calm/collected and focusing on how his play helped/hurt the team.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    its like eli and peyton represent opposite sides of the talent spectrum. peyton is dominant in the reg. season, eli in the postseason. peyton dominant on passes 20 yds or less and average at best on passes 20 yds or more thru the air, while eli is dominant on passes 20 yds or more (compared to his contemporaries) and its above avg on passes 20 yds or less. peyton is an extrovert in dealing with his teammates and calling out mistakes while eli is much more introverted and calm/collected and focusing on how his play helped/hurt the team.
    It's the Law of Conservation of Manning, in action...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Both superbowl runs were Magical? What the heck is magical?

There was nothing magical about our superbowl runs. Our D carried us in 2007 and Eli showed up at the right time to make the plays that needed to made. In 2011 Eli carried us and the Defense made the plays that needed to be made.

Eli in the playoffs is just a different animal. Face it, he was built for the playoffs cause of his personality. I'm happy he is our QB, just wish he had a coaching staff that knows how to use the talent around him and a front office to build an Oline that could block.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    They were magical because we were garbage during the regular season, than all of a sudden we turn it on and win the SB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I think you are letting your desire to argue has gotten the better of you.

First off, take a look at the number of teams that went into the playoffs as #4, 5 or 6 seeds and won--all of them played like garbage? The number of teams that get hot in the playoffs and go on to win it all far out number the #1 and #2 seeds that win it.

As a Giants fan, you should be very familiar with this; sadly, from both sides of the coin.

Secondly, your argument about 2 magical runs making up all of Eli's playoff wins is _________. You understand that the result of the 8 wins is 2 SB wins...the ultimate prize in any season, right? You seem to be saying that you care if Eli has post season wins that don't result in SB wins--that runs that do not result in SB wins are the mark of a good post season.
    1) Very true. Recently, the SB went to teams that "got hot". I don't remember what people were saying about the Packers and Steelers when they won it as wild cards though. The only thing I can think of is that those 2 teams didn't have sustained losing streaks where they just looked terrible. In 2007 and 2011, we had stretches where we did look terrible. I mean, really terrible. Losing is one thing, but HOW you lose is important when it comes to people's perception.

Although I think 2007 was more "magical" than 2011. The helmet catch really was ridiculous. But regardless, the Giants have this reputation of inconsistency and that isn't doing us any favors. Since I'm a Giants fan and know this team inside out, i can't in good faith say that in 2007 and in 2011 we were the best team. We were crap for a good portion of the season.

2) I don't see how what I said has anything to do with Eli. I think you're mixing up what I said and what someone else said. Winning the SB and post season success is a team effort. I've been saying that all along.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well elis been in 11. so just multiply the current stats by 2 and that whole math j*** and then compare.

i found it interesting that of the 8x peytons been bounced his teams opening round (iirc it was 8, could have been 11x), 5 of those came when peytons team was the 1 seed. He been pretty bad in all honesty in the postseason. aside from the 2 runs which total 7 of his 9 wins (9-11 postseason record iirc), hes been absolutely terrible.
    further, did anyone see the stats on peyton throwing downfield 20 yds or more in the air?? he's been horrendous from that aspect especially the last game.

multiplication has to bearing here. You just cant do that. What if you did that after Eli 1st playoff game......???
    I like Eli....wouldnt want any other QB for the Giants..
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, you think it's more impressive to win 1 or 2 playoff games PER YEAR over several year than to win the SB twice?
    I think Peyton Manning's career is much more impressive than Eli's to date, yes.

P.S. - Fixed that typo for yas

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think Peyton Manning's career is much more impressive than Eli's to date, yes.

P.S. - Fixed that typo for yas
    So, you'd be happier if we only won 1 SB, but play in more playoff games?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don't understand the complaint that Eli's wins all came in two seasons. That's a good thing.

I'd much rather come away with SB victories some seasons and an early exit others, when compared to consistently winning a couple of early playoff games and then out of contention for the championship game or SB.

Yeah, it would be fantastic if we would consistently win at least a couple playoff games, and sometimes the SB. But, I think you are kind of jaded if that's what you really expect. Most every fan of other teams would gladly trade places in regard to our playoff appearances and victories. Be thankful fans!
    Agreed. I wonder if people realize how ridiculously dumb they sound when they say things like that.

Anyone have the list of this? Passer Ratings for the postseason?
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yep I know....just adding to your comments.
    The whole dome thing is overatted IMO. If it was such and advantage why has Peyton won more playoff games there??
    The "whole dome thing" is surely not overrated for piling up stats. Be honest - wouldn't a QB want to play in 75 degrees with no cold, wind, or rain issues?

+ Reply to Thread