+ Reply to Thread

*** Mock Draft 1.15.2013 ***

Round 1 – Jonathan Banks, CB – Miss St….. An instant starter on this defense. Webster is over 30, Prince seems like a solid player, but he needs to be pushed. Hosley is most likely a nickel corner and TT is coming off his third ACL surgery. Need to upgrade and Banks is a baller with swag.

Round 2 – Jesse Williams, DT – Alabama…. Monster in the middle. He is excellent against the run and based off the Giants inability to stop the run this year, he can provide a need. Joseph has turned into a great player, Canty may be nearing the end, Bernard is most likely done and Austin is still trying to learn the NFL game. Williams would be a fantastic addition. He was unstoppable in the title game… offense and defense.

Round 3 - Corey Lemonier, DE – Auburn… Elite pass rusher… has the ability to be an Osi type player, but was hampered by an ankle injury. He is all over the field and would be a phenomenal attention to the pass rushing game.

Round 4 – Brennan Williams, OT – North Carolina… Giants are in desperate need for a starting RT. Williams did a great job leading the way for Giovanni Bernard. DD is done, Locklear will be rehabbing and Brewer is awful.

Round 5 – Travis Kelce, TE – Cincinnati…. Underrated TE prospect with an all-around good game. He runs good routes, has good speed and is a big guy that could be a nice project for the coaching staff. Last year’s pick, Robinson is a major project and he has not proven to be able to dress at the NFL level.

Round 6 – Bruce Taylor, ILB – Virginia Tech… Smart football player that always seemed to be around the ball. Reminds me a lot of Jonathon Goff, but a better athlete. Giants could use an upgrade and may look to FA to fill this void.

Round 7 – Michael Dyer, RB – Arkansas State… Former Auburn standout and one of the top recruits out of High School. He has some off the field issues, but he could really be a steal in the draft. Bradshaw is a tough dude, but he cannot stay healthy. Wilson has been playing well as of late, but he needs to improve quickly. Dyer would just bring another weapon to the backfield.

Shockeyitus, CRAZY how much we're still very much on the same page again (I used to post as critters, but had to start a new account). Love the Banks and (ESPECIALLY) the Williams picks. Lemonier has the potential to blow up in the NFL... great talent, but was working under the worst coaching staff in college football. Dyer will probably go before the 7th, but like Bryce Brown last year, he's my late sleeper. Sure wish we could get Giovanni Bernard though. I also like the Bruce Taylor pick in the 6th. Applause.. We'll probably have similar mocks again this year.

I like it.. but no way Williams is there mid 2nd..

I agree with Carter... but it's the thought that counts! haha.

Welcome back!! Jesse Williams is only a wish. I also like Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson or maybe even a Henry Melton in Free Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Round 1 – Jonathan Banks, CB – Miss St….. An instant starter on this defense. Webster is over 30, Prince seems like a solid player, but he needs to be pushed. Hosley is most likely a nickel corner and TT is coming off his third ACL surgery. Need to upgrade and Banks is a baller with swag.

Round 2 – Jesse Williams, DT – Alabama…. Monster in the middle. He is excellent against the run and based off the Giants inability to stop the run this year, he can provide a need. Joseph has turned into a great player, Canty may be nearing the end, Bernard is most likely done and Austin is still trying to learn the NFL game. Williams would be a fantastic addition. He was unstoppable in the title game… offense and defense.

Round 3 - Corey Lemonier, DE – Auburn… Elite pass rusher… has the ability to be an Osi type player, but was hampered by an ankle injury. He is all over the field and would be a phenomenal attention to the pass rushing game.

Round 4 – Brennan Williams, OT – North Carolina… Giants are in desperate need for a starting RT. Williams did a great job leading the way for Giovanni Bernard. DD is done, Locklear will be rehabbing and Brewer is awful.

Round 5 – Travis Kelce, TE – Cincinnati…. Underrated TE prospect with an all-around good game. He runs good routes, has good speed and is a big guy that could be a nice project for the coaching staff. Last year’s pick, Robinson is a major project and he has not proven to be able to dress at the NFL level.

Round 6 – Bruce Taylor, ILB – Virginia Tech… Smart football player that always seemed to be around the ball. Reminds me a lot of Jonathon Goff, but a better athlete. Giants could use an upgrade and may look to FA to fill this void.

Round 7 – Michael Dyer, RB – Arkansas State… Former Auburn standout and one of the top recruits out of High School. He has some off the field issues, but he could really be a steal in the draft. Bradshaw is a tough dude, but he cannot stay healthy. Wilson has been playing well as of late, but he needs to improve quickly. Dyer would just bring another weapon to the backfield.
    Not bad.. a few players i wonder if there better 3/4 guys like Lemonier, Williams, and Taylor, but intriguing none the less... I love Kelce, for his all around ability at TE, and Brennan Williams in RD4 is a steal!

Heres my latest mock..

1). Chance Warmack G Bama- If he drops, we should take em.. We need youth and someone to help David Wilson as well as keep ELI UPrigth
    2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- This guys insane, physical pressence, who i think will be beast on blitzs and against run, as well as capable in coverege
    3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St- He was talked about as 1st rder before injury, and would be steal if we get same player in RD3, obviously injury concerns
    4). Duke Williams S Nevada- a intriguing player, and somewhat of a CF'er type, who is known to run and stay with fast recievers...
    5). Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St- bigtime potential, a frame that could add 5-8lbs, and great recieving capabilities...
    6). Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- I think he'd be our answer to pass catcher outta backfield, and a nice comp to David Wilson..
    7). TJ Johnson C S.Carolina- A workman like lineman, with great size and pedigree..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not bad.. a few players i wonder if there better 3/4 guys like Lemonier, Williams, and Taylor, but intriguing none the less... I love Kelce, for his all around ability at TE, and Brennan Williams in RD4 is a steal!

Heres my latest mock..

1). Chance Warmack G Bama- If he drops, we should take em.. We need youth and someone to help David Wilson as well as keep ELI UPrigth
    2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- This guys insane, physical pressence, who i think will be beast on blitzs and against run, as well as capable in coverege
    3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St- He was talked about as 1st rder before injury, and would be steal if we get same player in RD3, obviously injury concerns
    4). Duke Williams S Nevada- a intriguing player, and somewhat of a CF'er type, who is known to run and stay with fast recievers...
    5). Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St- bigtime potential, a frame that could add 5-8lbs, and great recieving capabilities...
    6). Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- I think he'd be our answer to pass catcher outta backfield, and a nice comp to David Wilson..
    7). TJ Johnson C S.Carolina- A workman like lineman, with great size and pedigree..
    I would love this if it happened,,but I would switch out 1 of the picks 4 or 5(cause this guy is gone by the 6th no doubt) and roll the dice on tyrann mathieu, I have a good feeling about this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Heres my latest mock..

I love Warmack in round 1..... Greene in round 2 would be a nice pick and the Giants have been able to scout him for a while....Carradine is a baller, but I thought I read somewhere that he hurt his leg really badly during the season.....Round 6 or 7.. I'd take a chance on a stud like Michael Dyer or Marcus Lattimore.... potential is all there!

Knile Davis, Dyer or maybe Lattimore are some backs we could get late that are loaded with potential. Lattimore's injury was BRUTAL, but these days, seems like anything can happen in regards to recovery. Knile Davis's ankle seems like it has healed, he just had a down year while it (and Arkansas's program) recovered... but he has bulked up as a result. Still watching some film and gauging where some guys will go, then will try my first complete mock.

I like the Alabama corner in round 1 if he falls that far....but I definitely like the idea of going DT and DE in rounds 2 and 3 !