+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ELI REAL CLASSY KID

ELI REAL CLASSY KID

Eli and Peyton Manning volunteered in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. The Mannings assisted in the delivery of 30,000 pounds (14,000 kg) of water, Gatorade, baby formula, pumice, and pillows to the people of New Orleans.

After touring the University of Mississippi Medical Center's Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children, Manning undertook a 5-year campaign in 2007 to raise $2.5 million for the construction of "The Eli Manning Children's Clinics" at the children's hospital. Manning said in 2007, "I am humbled by the work they do and am honored to make this five-year commitment to help raise funds to build this state-of-the-art clinic that will serve Mississippi families for years to come."

In 2009, Eli, Peyton, and Archie co-authored a children's book entitled Family Huddle, which describes in simple text and pictures how the three Manning brothers played football as young boys (Scholastic Press; illustrations by Jim Madsen).

In 2010, as a result of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Manning appeared in a commercial to raise awareness for the spill. Also starring in the commercial were Sandra Bullock, Peyton Manning, Jack Del Rio, Drew Brees, Terry Bradshaw, Emeril Lagasse, James Carville, Blake Lively, and John Goodman.

Eli Manning has for five years been the host of Guiding Eyes for the Blind's Golf Classic, the oldest and largest charity golf event in Westchester County, NY. Guiding Eyes is a nonprofit guide dog school serving the blind and visually impaired from around the world, as well as children on the autism spectrum. Eli hosts the event because of the participation of a close family friend, Patrick Browne, Jr., who became blind as an adult and who participates in the blind golfer tournament held the day before the sponsor-support charity outing. The Golf Classic raises more than $500,000 annually.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

...10 pages later.

"PEYTON IS 9-11 IN THE PLAYOFFS WHILE ELI IS 8-3!!!"

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Eli is lucky that he gets to do all these charity events. If I were rich like him I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    Eli is lucky that he gets to do all these charity events. If I were rich like him I would too.
    I dont really get that. They are far more "regular" people involved with charities and volunteer work then the "face" of the charity.
    You can do so much if you want to.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I dont really get that. They are far more "regular" people involved with charities and volunteer work then the "face" of the charity.
    Yeah, how many times do you see video of Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady actually getting down and doing the actual work? You might see a photo op and a giant novelty check (with a real check actually given), but outside the Manning family and Drew Brees I've never seen the pictures like this:

Must be a New Orleans thing...

Veteran
    Much Respect for the ones who not only cut the check but also get down to actually doing some volunteer work, like the two above

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    My point was that he has the ability for far more free time than I am. When he retires football, he will be able to volunteer as much as he wants because he doesn't have to go to work like most people. That's the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yeah, how many times do you see video of Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady actually getting down and doing the actual work? You might see a photo op and a giant novelty check (with a real check actually given), but outside the Manning family and Drew Brees I've never seen the pictures like this:

Must be a New Orleans thing...
    what are talking about. I said nothing to disparage the Mannings at all. I just simply said you dont have to be rich to do charity work. While the Mannings do the work they are also the face of thecharity.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    My point was that he has the ability for far more free time than I am. When he retires football, he will be able to volunteer as much as he wants because he doesn't have to go to work like most people. That's the point I was making.
    you mentioned about being rich. Being rich doesnt necessarily mean you have free time....
    not dogging you Bro......

+ Reply to Thread