+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can We Cure All Our Ills by September?

dont forget the Giants need depth..
    they will lose at least two or three starters......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Ojomo has been undergoing secret grooming to replace Osi all this time. There's no reason to keep 5 DE on the roster like we did and keep one inactive all season. If he had been not that good he would have been waived and on the PS. We kept him on the roster because someone would have picked him up off waivers. That tells me we have a plan for the kid. Also, I think Kiwi is going to be a full-time DE.

OL is much more important concern than DL

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think Ojomo has been undergoing secret grooming to replace Osi all this time. There's no reason to keep 5 DE on the roster like we did and keep one inactive all season. If he had been not that good he would have been waived and on the PS. We kept him on the roster because someone would have picked him up off waivers. That tells me we have a plan for the kid. Also, I think Kiwi is going to be a full-time DE.

OL is much more important concern than DL
    I wouldn't be surprised, we'll know soon enough. They thought enough of him to protect him from waivers, as they did Cruz.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-16-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All this talk about dline, oline, etc etc wouldn't matter so much if we knew that Eli would return to 2011 form ... that's the easiest solution the Giants missing the playoffs. It's easier to fix one person than it is an entire unit. If you fix Eli, you fix the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Of course we can. Our first priority has to be the OLine. If we can keep Beatty and Boothe we just have to find a RT through FA or an NFL ready high draft pick.

We have players on the DLine and Secondary who can step up. Kiwi will replace Osi.

LB is next to add some more speed to deal with these mobile QBs. Williams is already there, Rivers is fast if healthy.

We're not that far away if we can stay healthy.
    Thats where it has to start. The skill position players are there. The frontline must be better than OK. When there are no running lanes or Eli has pressure in his face, the offense will continue to flounder. After that, concentrate on the D line. You will be surprised how much better your back 7 are when the front four are getting pressure and closing the other teams running lanes.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

+ Reply to Thread