+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's really a damning statment that they can't fill that job with all of the sweetners they are apparently offering. Ross could have taken the job and not have to move his family, maintain the professional relationships he's built up in the metropolitan area, have a close at hand mentor in Jerry Reese........
    I just see that org as they are always a few cards short of a full deck. Then saying..."same old Jets" rings true....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I just see that org as they are always a few cards short of a full deck. Then saying..."same old Jets" rings true....
    It really does
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Do they not want Rex? Do they not want to work for Johnson?

It seems to be Rex Ryan holding them back:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/16/...ets-gm-search/
    i dont think its Rex Ryan as a coach thats bothering them, I think its the fact that the GM isnt getting complete autonomy to slash and burn the roster.I believe Rex and Woody think that roster can be fixed with tweeks when in reality they need to rebuild.A New GM is probably saying I need to do this ,this and this to fix the roster and they are probably saying U can do this but not that or that.How is a GM going to do that job and risk his career putting his name on a roster that he doesnt want. This is just speculation on my part but I think the main problem is Woody and Rex think that team has more talent than it does

If they want this setup should promote someone from within

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    During the last press conference where the two of them stumbled and mumbled, Johnson put it out there as part of his praise for Rex. A day or two after that press conference I listened to Andy Reid's first meeting with the press in his new job. Wow, what a difference from Rex. Reid is a guy with a deep understanding of the game and what needs to be done to reclaim greatness with the Chiefs. Rex on the other had................more of the same high schoolish quotes.................."let me tell you this, no team is gonna want to play us next year" How's that for sophistocated?
    More like history repeating itself for Rex & Co.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    i dont think its Rex Ryan as a coach thats bothering them, I think its the fact that the GM isnt getting complete autonomy to slash and burn the roster.I believe Rex and Woody think that roster can be fixed with tweeks when in reality they need to rebuild.A New GM is probably saying I need to do this ,this and this to fix the roster and they are probably saying U can do this but not that or that.How is a GM going to do that job and risk his career putting his name on a roster that he doesnt want. This is just speculation on my part but I think the main problem is Woody and Rex think that team has more talent than it does
    No one wants to be a puppet

I almost wish I had the money to buy the Jets franchise... their fanbase, while not the nicest population ever, doesn't deserve the crap that Woody Johnson has been giving out all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I almost wish I had the money to buy the Jets franchise... their fanbase, while not the nicest population ever, doesn't deserve the crap that Woody Johnson has been giving out all this time.
    Wait a week and it may fall into your price range

I agree with their decision to fire Tannenbaum. That was a good move. However, I don't think a new GM should ever be married to a coach they don't want. The GM needs to be given full authority over HC or at least have one they want to work with. Just like a HC gets to pick his coaching staff.

Woody is too caught up on Rex having gotten them to the championship game twice. It's not the goal. If the goal is SB, get some staff that can get you there. Rex is way in over his head as a HC.
    Do not feed the trolls.

No one wants that job. At least one candidate was offered a $1M housing allowance and he turned them down
    I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY