+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I heard he wouldn't want to waste a year with Rex, would want full control over personnel decisions and with Rex there he doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wait a week and it may fall into your price range
    The funny thing is I would take that GM job if they asked me. I wish I could make that level of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The funny thing is I would take that GM job if they asked me. I wish I could make that level of money...
    Which makes the vacancy being so toxic quite embarrassing, I would think.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Maybe if they can't find a GM they could get Madden NFL to fill the role. Maybe get Ask Madden to call the plays while they're at it too...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Maybe if they can't find a GM they could get Madden NFL to fill the role. Maybe get Ask Madden to call the plays while they're at it too...
    If they really don't have anyone in house they've been preparing, it highlights the philosophical difference between the Giants and Jets.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If they really don't have anyone in house they've been preparing, it highlights the philosophical difference between the Giants and Jets.
    I think that difference was highlighted long ago... If a Giants fan that was rich enough bought the Jets and tried to remodel them into a Giants clone, I think their team would be more than able to make good playoff runs much more consistently than the Jets did. For one thing, that would attract people like Ross to be their GM or would be willing to take on PF as a head coach or something...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I think that difference was highlighted long ago... If a Giants fan that was rich enough bought the Jets and tried to remodel them into a Giants clone, I think their team would be more than able to make good playoff runs much more consistently than the Jets did. For one thing, that would attract people like Ross to be their GM or would be willing to take on PF as a head coach or something...
    It all does start with the Front Office and I'm glad the Giants are a "developing" organization

I almost wish I had the money to buy the Jets franchise... their fanbase, while not the nicest population ever, doesn't deserve the crap that Woody Johnson has been giving out all this time.
    I'm acctually surprised they've had a solid fan base all these years ..

Looking from the outside, I'd say it speaks of Marc's character.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.