Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What are some of your favorite Heavy Metal Bands

I am talking about heavy, heavy music, not rock and roll, meaning bands like Metallica and Megadethbarely qualify. I am trying to come up with new music to listen too, and in the process I have come across some music that I used to listen to in highscholl, back in the early 90s. I would say my favorites would be:</P>

Chimaira</P>

The Haunted (none of the early satanic crap, but their last 2 or 3 albums, are excellent, imo)</P>

Machine Head</P>

Malevolent Creation</P>

Pestilence</P>

Lamb of God</P>

Himsa (these guys are excellent, if you like heavy music that still sounds like music and not a bunch of snare popping ****, this is it here.)</P>

Obituary</P>

Sepultura</P>

Slipknot</P>

there are others i like but the ones i listed are some of my favorites. Any recommendations for some heavy music?</P>

</P>

Re: What are some of your favorite Heavy Metal Bands

Lately its....</P>

Opeth</P>

Black Dhalia Murder</P>

Emporer</P>

Cradle of Filth</P>

3 inches of Blood</P>

Vehemence</P>

EDIT= And how could i forget Cephalic Carnage.</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"]

Lately its....</P>

Opeth</P>

<FONT size=5>Black Dhalia Murder</FONT></P>

Emporer</P>

Cradle of Filth</P>

3 inches of Blood</P>

Vehemence</P>

EDIT= And how could i forget Cephalic Carnage.</P>

[/quote]</P>

".....to join this fragile being,</P>

who sleeps below,</P>

the reflection of a razor, </P>

reveals the moon so perfectly....".......BDM (first song i ever heard from them not sure of the title though.)</P>

i was rocking out to opeth's "ghost reveries," yesterday. that orchestral metal is starting to grow on me, i think i avoided it for so long because i always associated it with high pitched vocals, and i don't like the high pitched singing (think iron maiden or dream theater, i can't stand it, it ruins the music, for me, anyway.) </P>

i myself don't like cradle of filth, dani filth's voice doesn't do it for me, their music does sound really good though. i definitely like the sound of the instruments, just not the voice of their singer. its like deicide or slayer, imo, their music is f'ing great, sounds really good, BUT (and we both need to rememberthis forum is not the place for a religious debate,) the evil satanic messages in their music that actually pay homage to evil and wickedness, make it so i cannot bring myself to listen to it, it turns my stomach. </P>

i know alot of the music i listen to can be considered "evil," and "satanic," because of the negative messages, but their messages are not as direct, and are not neccessarily glorifying evil, rather the music i listen to, calls attention to the evil **** in this world, and there is a difference. we really have to be careful with the stuff we pump into our brains (the subconciounce is a highly unknown territory.)</P>

oh yeah some other stuff i listen to and could recommend:</P>

Kreator (older favorite)</P>

Overkill (older favorite)</P>

Testament (when metallica was hot think early 90s, this was my favorite group)</P>

Exodus (older favorite)</P>

Killswitch Engage</P>

Napalm Death (some of their stuff, early stuff was straight satanic so was sepulturas first 2 albums, and some of their music is nothing but a million snare pops a minute with growling and speed guitar in the background, imo.)</P>

Hatebreed</P>

Trivium</P>

Between the Buried and Me (i highly recommend these guys although they are an aquired taste in my opinion. every one of their songs has enough content to make 2-3 seperate songs of different genres, i describe it as controlled chaos. theres screaming jackass music, theres easy listening mixed in here and there, just check them out, i think they have a few videos on you tube.)</P>

If you like metal you will like this.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0GRH3yoiI</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"]

If you like metal you will like this.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0GRH3yoiI</P>

[/quote]</P>

uh i don't know about these guys. read up on them on wikipedia. first they are listed as "black metal," which is usually satanic (not all but most,) and there was a case of a band member killing someone:</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_(band)</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zEAs7_nPM</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM1yhU0dBFM</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnVjr3o_KY</P>

[/quote]</P>

the dude form cephalic carnage sounds like donald tardy of obituary.......NICE![]</P>

Mudvayne
    Bloodsimple

Bench Player

If you like Sepultura you'll like Soulfly, Max Cavalera is lead vocals.</P>

I like FinTroll I have no "F" ing clue what theyre saying because its Dutch but they rock.</P>

Static X is also pretty good</P>

and if youre going with older music Slayer is a must as well as Pantera</P>

[quote user="J.Bullfrog"]

If you like Sepultura you'll like Soulfly, Max Cavalera is lead vocals.</P>

I like FinTroll I have no "F" ing clue what theyre saying because its Dutch but they rock.</P>

Static X is also pretty good</P>

and if youre going with older music Slayer is a must as well as Pantera</P>

[/quote]</P>

soulfly is cool, but they seem a bit like"pop metal," to me.static x is pretty cool, and yes pantera is the old reliable (dimebag daryl was absolutely amazing on guitar and phil's vocals hit like a sledgehammer, its a shame he got caught up in the heroin.) as far as slayer is concerned, i have always thought they rocked, but i refuse to listen to music with openly satanic messages and propoganda, thanks though, to each their own, and no doubt they are a tight band.</P>