Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What are some of your favorite Heavy Metal Bands

[quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

If you like metal you will like this.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0GRH3yoiI</P>

[/quote]</P>

uh i don't know about these guys. read up on them on wikipedia. first they are listed as "black metal," which is usually satanic (not all but most,) and there was a case of a band member killing someone:</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_(band)</P>

[/quote]</P>

Then get lost from the damn thread idiot..........all youve babbled about is satanism when you havent a clue in your head what these bands are about.</P>

Go listen to stryper loser.</P>

[/quote]</P>

i started this thread sir feather sword,and heavy music does not have to be satanic. i think you are the one that is lost. i don't like satanic music, and that makes me a loser? <FONT color=#ff0000>i'd hate to meet your circle of winners.</FONT><FONT color=#000000> i thought you'd like stryper beings the lead singers last name is "sweet," and so are you. you are a ****ing idiot and are totally lost, enjoy your satanic psycho babble, meanwhile knowing there is quality heavy metal that is not "religious," at all.</FONT></P>

i bet your mommy wraps your smooth littlebottom up in "marilyn manson," diapers too. oh and when someone like myself posts or speaks, its not babbling, and people like yourself would do well to shut your f'n mouth and open your ears/eyes, maybe you would learn something.[:|]</P>

[/quote]</P>

First of all dude you know the rules of the board.........there will be no religious discussion.</P>

Since you started this thread pretty much all you talked about was religion and how you wont listen to bands perceived as "satanic". <FONT size=5>You should do somee homework on these bands and learn the real motivations behind their religious/political actions and at the very least let their music speak for itself.</FONT> I listen to several bands that have been called "christian" rock and i pay it no mind, i listen to their talent.</P>

By starting a thread about metal, which i commend you for" you should be well prepared for the type of music real metalheads listen to. All the good metal comes out of black/death/symphonic metal and the repackaged crap that is given the spot light now has pretty much ripped of these underground scenes for years because they werent marketable.</P>

<FONT size=5>I dont care about a musician(s) political or spiritual creed</FONT>. I love Screaming Jay Hawkins. He wrote a lot of music based on voodoo and occult beliefs and was considered very offensive in his day. But i dont care.</P>

I listen to Flyleaf who is pretty much considered a christian metal band because of the singers lyrics. Their music sounds great so i dont care.</P>

I listen to several hardcore punk bands, all of who have differing politcal ideaologies ranging from anarchy to fascism. But i dont care if their music sounds good.</P>

<FONT size=5>If you dont like satanically theatrical bands then thats fine.........just dont bring it up because its in bad taste. </FONT>Im on the other side of the fence when it comes to mainstream religions and i would never make it part of the equation, especially in a thread dedicated to metal. You are risking getting this thread deleted and have made a mockery of the actual music.</P>

[/quote]</P>

wow, an intelligent response, much appreciated, and duly noted. i definitely hear what you are saying, and to a certain point i agree with you. its just that when you call me a loser for being adamantly opposed to certain messages in music, it gets me a bit "uppity." i never once said you were wrong for liking it, yet you attack me for saying why i don't like it and explaining why.</P>

i don't care what someone's motivation is for writing lyrics like "hail the dark one, death to the son, etc etc." they are rebellious temper tantrums imo. and i like to moniter what goes into my head, i liked deicide as mentioned above, but glen benton's lyrics are evil and disgusting. i don't care how good your music is, if you write lyrics that are anti-"goodness," and pro-"evil," i don't want your crap and your propoganda going into my head, who cares how good the music is, i certainly don't.</P>

imo, the bad taste that is associated with "evil," music is the messages themselves. someone like me who is opposed to it is not displaying any bad taste, i am speaking my opinion (as the band is, in its lyrics i understand this,) and its called freedom of speech. people have the right to speak and i or the next person has the right to speak our opinion on their beliefs, opinions, or whatever the case is.</P>

and you miss one of my points and that was that music doesn't have to be evil to be heavy and bring energy. these clowns that think they are strong and tough for siding with the "darth vadar," of their twisted little fantasies, and they think their evil words make them strong, its laughable, in a bad way.</P>

with my beliefs it is impossible to rock out to groups like deicide and slayer, it just doesn't work, its like glass going into my ears (granted its glass coated with honey, i think their music is tight.) this discussion can continue without anymore bashing, you have your beliefs and ways, and i won't willingly/knowingly compromise mine.</P>

i assume you are a heterosexual. would you be able to listen to any band that sang about liking to take it in the butt, lick balls, and/or swallow man juice? don't say you could, i don't care how good the music is, if its message is totally 180 degrees in the opposite direction from your beliefs, it wouldn't work out. thats how i feel about "evil," metal, it turns my stomach and is in direct contradiction to what i am about, there is enough good music out there, that i feel as though nothing needs compromised to enjoy my life, with music in it.</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"]

This is one of the best Metal interviews ive heard.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWvgT...aynext_from=PL</P>

[/quote]</P>

that was pretty good. the singer looks like the geek that works at the comic shop, but thats ok they are not fashion models, lol.</P>

[quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

uh i don't know about these guys. read up on them on wikipedia. first they are listed as "black metal," which is usually satanic (not all but most,) and there was a case of a band member killing someone:</P>

[/quote]</P>

Then get lost from the damn thread idiot..........all youve babbled about is satanism when you havent a clue in your head what these bands are about.</P>

[/quote]</P>

i started this thread sir feather sword,and heavy music does not have to be satanic. i think you are the one that is lost. i don't like satanic music, and that makes me a loser? <FONT color=#ff0000>i'd hate to meet your circle of winners.</FONT><FONT color=#000000> i thought you'd like stryper beings the lead singers last name is "sweet," and so are you. you are a ****ing idiot and are totally lost, enjoy your satanic psycho babble, meanwhile knowing there is quality heavy metal that is not "religious," at all.</FONT></P>

i bet your mommy wraps your smooth littlebottom up in "marilyn manson," diapers too. oh and when someone like myself posts or speaks, its not babbling, and people like yourself would do well to shut your f'n mouth and open your ears/eyes, maybe you would learn something.[:|]</P>

[/quote]</P>

First of all dude you know the rules of the board.........there will be no religious discussion.</P>

Since you started this thread pretty much all you talked about was religion and how you wont listen to bands perceived as "satanic". <FONT size=5>You should do somee homework on these bands and learn the real motivations behind their religious/political actions and at the very least let their music speak for itself.</FONT> I listen to several bands that have been called "christian" rock and i pay it no mind, i listen to their talent.</P>

By starting a thread about metal, which i commend you for" you should be well prepared for the type of music real metalheads listen to. All the good metal comes out of black/death/symphonic metal and the repackaged crap that is given the spot light now has pretty much ripped of these underground scenes for years because they werent marketable.</P>

<FONT size=5>I dont care about a musician(s) political or spiritual creed</FONT>. I love Screaming Jay Hawkins. He wrote a lot of music based on voodoo and occult beliefs and was considered very offensive in his day. But i dont care.</P>

I listen to Flyleaf who is pretty much considered a christian metal band because of the singers lyrics. Their music sounds great so i dont care.</P>

I listen to several hardcore punk bands, all of who have differing politcal ideaologies ranging from anarchy to fascism. But i dont care if their music sounds good.</P>

<FONT size=5>If you dont like satanically theatrical bands then thats fine.........just dont bring it up because its in bad taste. </FONT>Im on the other side of the fence when it comes to mainstream religions and i would never make it part of the equation, especially in a thread dedicated to metal. You are risking getting this thread deleted and have made a mockery of the actual music.</P>

[/quote]</P>

wow, an intelligent response, much appreciated, and duly noted. i definitely hear what you are saying, and to a certain point i agree with you. its just that when you call me a loser for being adamantly opposed to certain messages in music, it gets me a bit "uppity." i never once said you were wrong for liking it, yet you attack me for saying why i don't like it and explaining why.</P>

i don't care what someone's motivation is for writing lyrics like "hail the dark one, death to the son, etc etc." they are rebellious temper tantrums imo. and i like to moniter what goes into my head, i liked deicide as mentioned above, but glen benton's lyrics are evil and disgusting. i don't care how good your music is, if you write lyrics that are anti-"goodness," and pro-"evil," i don't want your crap and your propoganda going into my head, who cares how good the music is, i certainly don't.</P>

imo, the bad taste that is associated with "evil," music is the messages themselves. someone like me who is opposed to it is not displaying any bad taste, i am speaking my opinion (as the band is, in its lyrics i understand this,) and its called freedom of speech. people have the right to speak and i or the next person has the right to speak our opinion on their beliefs, opinions, or whatever the case is.</P>

and you miss one of my points and that was that music doesn't have to be evil to be heavy and bring energy. these clowns that think they are strong and tough for siding with the "darth vadar," of their twisted little fantasies, and they think their evil words make them strong, its laughable, in a bad way.</P>

with my beliefs it is impossible to rock out to groups like deicide and slayer, it just doesn't work, its like glass going into my ears (granted its glass coated with honey, i think their music is tight.) this discussion can continue without anymore bashing, you have your beliefs and ways, and i won't willingly/knowingly compromise mine.</P>

[/quote]</P>

LOL you arent worth the arguement sally.</P>

Good luck with metal.LMAO</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

you are sad. there is nothing to argue about, you are a fool and there is nothing i can do to help you. go attack someone else for not agreeing with you or your compromised belief system. i could name too many bands that are heavy but not satanic, you have no argument, you have no open mind to debate with, so yeah you aren't worth anything either Mary Lou.</P>

metal has to be evil, wow, you are a close minded ***. </P>

i assume you are a heterosexual. would you be able to listen to any band that sang about liking to take it in the butt, lick balls, and/or swallow man juice? don't say you could, i don't care how good the music is, if its message is totally 180 degrees in the opposite direction from your beliefs, it wouldn't work out. thats how i feel about "evil," metal, it turns my stomach and is in direct contradiction to what i am about, there is enough good music out there, that i feel as though nothing needs compromised to enjoy my life, with music in it.</P>

[quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

you are sad. there is nothing to argue about, you are a fool and there is nothing i can do to help you. go attack someone else for not agreeing with you or your compromised belief system.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Im happy to see you thinking clearly.</P>

Now just try to do it more often.</P>

</P>

[quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

you are sad. there is nothing to argue about, you are a fool and there is nothing i can do to help you. go attack someone else for not agreeing with you or your compromised belief system. i could name too many bands that are heavy but not satanic, you have no argument, you have no open mind to debate with, so yeah you aren't worth anything either Mary Lou.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Wait a minute. Since the start all you have brought up is religion and sexuality.</P>

Your a closet homosexual of the ninth degree.</P>

LOL. I think you need to find solace with yourself before you start metal threads.</P>

Booooooooooooooooozooooooooooooooooo.</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Wait a minute. Since the start all you have brought up is religion and sexuality.</P>

LOL. I think you need to find solace with yourself before you start metal threads.</P>

[/quote]</P>

so if i don't like evil music i'm a homo? is that your logic? so you do like the village people? it is now dawning on me that i am arguing with a close minded one way child. put your big brother or mommy or daddy on, you are an idiot.</P>

saying i don't like satanic music and comparing it to music based on how you spend your friday and saturday nights, didn't stray from the main topic. you decided to attack me. most close minded people would do the same thing, you can't comprehend someone else thinking different from you. and you, theres nothing closet about you, you couldn't be any more queer if you traded in your flats for a set of heels.</P>

do you really want to get into this? i'll tell you now you don't.</P>

[quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

so if i don't like evil music i'm a homo? is that your logic? so you do like the village people? it is now dawning on me that i am arguing with a close minded one way child. put your big brother or mommy or daddy on, you are an idiot.</P>

saying i don't like satanic music and comparing it to music based on how you spend your friday and saturday nights, didn't stray from the main topic. you decided to attack me. most close minded people would do the same thing, you can't comprehend someone else thinking different from you. and you, theres nothing closet about you, you couldn't be any more queer if you traded in your flats for a set of heels.</P>

[/quote]</P>

No sherlock you were the one who brought up sexuality. You brought up every petty criteria in your mind and have made a joke of yourself. Everyone who has read this exchange can see you have deep issues with your personal identity...in all its manifestations.</P>

I hope you work out you feelings and one day channel that into an understanding of music.</P>

</P>

[quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

No sherlock you were the one who brought up sexuality. You brought up every petty criteria in your mind and have made a joke of yourself. Everyone who has read this exchange can see you have deep issues with your personal identity...in all its manifestations.</P>

I hope you work out you feelings and one day channel that into an understanding of music.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

i am not a psychologist, i don't have to understand anyone or how lost they are, to make evil music. when i brought up sexuality it was to prove a point, but no, you the perpetual idiot who thinks he is so old and wise, had to run his mouth and try to sound funny. i have issues with people like yourself, so go try to play dr phil with your boyfriend, i'm not game.</P>

[quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"][quote user="eli#10nyg"][quote user="bluemagic"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

i am not a psychologist, i don't have to understand anyone or how lost they are, to make evil music. when i brought up sexuality it was to prove a point, but no, you the perpetual idiot who thinks he is so old and wise, had to run his mouth and try to sound funny. i have issues with people like yourself, so go try to play dr phil with your boyfriend, i'm not game.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I admire you.</P>

Ive always wanted to hallucinate 24 hours a day.</P>

I look at you as a role model.........i hope to one day be happy and delusional like you.</P>

But without the sodomy.</P>

</P>