+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Enigma's Pre Combine Mock (With a trade!)

1st (25th overall) From Seattle - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas: In this scenario, WR Keenan Allen is still on the board and the Seahawks show interest in acquiring the 19th selection to grab him up. In exchange, we receive their late 3rd round selection to stock up on a back loaded draft. Okafor is a very polished DE prospect from Texas who displays a repertoire of pass rushing moves to get pressure on the QB. Even with Jackson Jeffcoat injured, Okafor still displayed good playmaking ability. Has noted issues against the run so he might just be a situational pass rusher his rookie season and ends up competing for snaps with Tracy, Ojomo, and maybe Broha for the 3rd DE role.

2nd (49th overall) - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida: Have to take advantage of a strong DT class if a prospect like Floyd drops to us. This selection could be several prospects like Short or Williams but I truly feel Floyd pairs up with Joseph the best on the inside.

3rd (81st overall) - Baccari Rambo, FS, Georiga: KP might be on another team next year and Antrel Rolle could be a potential cut in a season or two due to his massive cap hit.

3rd (87th overall) From Seattle - Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Miss: Athletic prospect that looks good rushing the passer from the edge and changing direction to make plays. Instincts aren't quite there yet but he has the potential to be better than a previous Golden Eagle, K.J. Wright. Looks comfortable dropping into zone coverage and if he can display good versatility in Fewell's defense, he has a strong chance to be a 3 down LBer.

4th (113th overall) - Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas: Fantastic run blocker who shows good athleticism and mobility to fit in the Giants system.

5th (145th overall) - Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State: Massive TE prospect weighing around 280 who can replace Pascoe and team up with Robinson to make a fantastic duo.

6th (177th overall) - Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech: Underrated player who showed great skills in the Sun Bowl against USC. Could stand to add a little more mass to his frame but he's worth a shot at this point in the draft with his coverage skills.

7th (209th overall) - Mark Jackson, OG, Glenville State: Developmental prospect with good size that could replace Snee in the future with good coaching. Probably would take a year or two to challenge for a starting spot.

Preseason Camp Invites: Alec Lemon - WR (Syracuse) Jake Stoneburner - TE (Ohio State) Cooper Taylor - SS (Richmond) Knile Davis - RB (Arkansas) Alex Hurst - OT (LSU) Graham Pocic - C (Illinois)
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-16-2013 at 02:53 AM.

I love Okafor.

I like the DT pick (although I think we'll be targeting a CB high up again)

I like Baccario Rambo ... not sure we go after a Safety early on though. Depends on what we do cap wise I think.

I think we nab a LB and OG lower down the draft so I agree there.

I don't think we trade around (but I never do).

All in all, a really good mock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I love Okafor.

I like the DT pick (although I think we'll be targeting a CB high up again)

I like Baccario Rambo ... not sure we go after a Safety early on though. Depends on what we do cap wise I think.

I think we nab a LB and OG lower down the draft so I agree there.

I don't think we trade around (but I never do).

All in all, a really good mock.
    Thanks buddy. The goal essentially is to trade down a few spots and take the BPA at 25 where some of these guys are easier to "swallow" (no pun intentended) because we would also be getting another draft choice. With lots of teams wanting to trade down, I'd imagine you will get less bang for your buck with the draft picks, hence the 3rd rounder.

Watching Jamie Collins...this kid has a really explosive first step and just seems to find the ball on running plays. He can move sideline to sideline and has the frame and hips to make plays in zone coverage in the short to intermediate range. Essentially, I think this guy could do so much better as a 4-3 potential pass rushing LBer than Kiwi ever did. Everyone talks about Mingo coming to our system to be the 4-3 SOLB but this guy could be had in the 3rd-4th. He also played safety his first year so I'm much more confident in his ability to handle coverage vs. Kiwi.

The TE selection will obviously come down to how much money the Black Unicorn wants. If we do resign him, I'll change it to something else.

There are a few CB prospects in the 2nd half of the draft that show huge promise so I'd be content with a 4th-7th round DB selection.