+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Must Find Solution At MLB This Offseason

I'd love Ogletree, has the frame to get bigger and is fast and always around the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    we've had crap linebackers for the last 10 years. I'll be fine with that again, as long as we fix our dline.
    Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Not me. I like Giants Football....that means good defense, and especially, good linebackers.
    In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Te'o will definitely fall after this girlfriend fiasco.
    I don't like to make comments about situations like Te'o's but until it's clear he didn't have a hand in orchestrating this fiasco, I don't see the Giants wanting him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    In the 80's it was... the 2000's success was all about the DE's. But I would love just one LB who can rack us up 100 tackles. It would make alll the difference in the world in the run game.
    Maybe a season healthy Williams
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
    Rivers is another teams throwaway.....Blackburn could be a OK backup

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Im sick of seeing young LB's every year stepping up while we have the same B.S....& every draft theres some draft genius that claims theres not LBs that were worth taking & defends these bums that we have.....Remember that P.O.S Goff had a fanbase somehow????? People were waiting on dillard, Somehow Danny Clark got a pass, Wilkison got a pass, Greg Jones was crowned all pro before he ever took a snap......Were VERY lucky that Williams actually seems to be a half way decent LB.....
    Rivers is another teams throwaway.....Blackburn could be a OK backup
    And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...

Veteran
    williams is not the awsner.. all year you hear guys complaining about how we can't stop the run, why we can't have more exotic blitz packages, why are de's are trying to do more than just rush you just watch teams rip apart the middle of the field with short dump pases or running plays... it's because we don't have a single linebacker that can do his job anymore than barley efficient.. end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And I'm sure there's teams that wish they had our DEs...
    Not anymore they dont....Lets not live in the past...

An upgrade would be great, but my the biggest concerns (rightfully so) are on the d-line and secondary. If we can get a LB who is clearly BPA in the early rounds, then great. If not, hopefully we can pull another Jesse Armstead out of our a**** in the late rounds.

+ Reply to Thread