+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Giants Must Find Solution At MLB This Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id be pissed if we took ogeltree. no way hes a mlb at the nfl level in that build. too skinny/lanky imo. hed be a good WS LB but we already have like 3 of them in williams, boley, and rivers...plus, from what ive seen of ogeltree, once an OL got his hands on him, Ogeltree was useless. Looks like he has issues getting off blocks. Theres just no way I could see Ogeltree starting for us at MLB day 1. thats just me and i admit im not great with college player analysis so if someone can prove me wrong Im not above admitting i was incorrect
    he is 6'3 232 lbs with plenty of room to grow so I dont follow,,,he can tackle, cover and go sideline to sideline,,, ray lewis 6'1, 240 patrick willis 6'1 240.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    $$ for what?
    Resign JPP. The list of Free agents this year and next is ridiculous. On top of that, we'll probably need to draft dline and oline this year. No time/money for LBer.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    he is 6'3 232 lbs with plenty of room to grow so I dont follow,,,he can tackle, cover and go sideline to sideline,,, ray lewis 6'1, 240 patrick willis 6'1 240.
    he didnt look it i guess. maybe he plays too high/upright? i dunno i just remember thinking he looked lanky and more slimmed like he was an OLB in a 3-4. He just doesnt strike me as an NFL MLB. I can see he has a ton of athleticism, so he should be able to cover and play sideline2sideline, but I dunno imo itd be a huge reach taking him at 19 especially to play MLB. i could be wrong its happened before itll happen again, that was just my honest take on the little i have seen

what have you seen to think our LB's wont be that bad next season? they are atrocious. we need to take a legit prospect in the 1st like alec ogeltree if he makes it to us. I would say LB is a very big need on this team and has been for some time.
    Just watch the last Redskins game. We had FOUR of them on the field at the same time that night and look what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Just watch the last Redskins game. We had FOUR of them on the field at the same time that night and look what we got.
    I think you're thinking of the Ravens game.

I really thought Jacquain Williams was going to emerge as a legitimate starter so cutting Boley would be very easy to do this offseason. 1 spot I thought had a long range answer is still up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think you're thinking of the Ravens game.
    My bad......Thanks

who was the kid from VA Tech,,,i have removed him from memory.
    in this draft ,Bruce Taylor or do u mean Virginia Clint Sintim

I think Boley gets cut. He was getting less and less playing time as the year went on. I also feel Herzlich gets cut.

Can we just rename the MIKE LBer position to: "the only thing the Giants will ever need in the world?"

Or how about -- for efficiency sakes -- "The GOD position?"

+ Reply to Thread