+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

New York Giants Keep Or Dump: Ahmad Bradshaw

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/14/...hmad-bradshaw/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have several offseason decisions to make after falling flat on their faces in 2012. There are questions along the offensive line, in the secondary, at linebacker and almost everywhere in between. But perhaps the most intriguing player personnel decision that general manager Jerry Reese will make in the offseason will be on how the team handles running back Ahmad Bradshaw going forward.

Bradshaw is going to be 27-years-old next season, which even in running back years, qualifies him as young. However, his chronic foot issues have caused him to miss six games over the past two seasons, and he's played the majority of the last two years at well below full strength. As a player who can no longer be relied upon as a featured running back, it may not be worth paying him $3.75 million to get 11 carries per game. Given the Giants' current salary cap struggles, Bradshaw's salary is going to be even further magnified.

Obviously, if the team were going to replace Bradshaw, there needs to be a replacement waiting in the wings. Luckily for Big Blue, David Wilson is itching to get more touches out of the backfield. Furthermore, Andre Brown has shown a propensity to make plays between the tackles and around the goal line. On paper, it appears as if the Giants have a formidable running back tandem already on the roster behind Bradshaw. However, in reality, both youngsters still have a lot to prove if they want to become starting running backs in the NFL." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is a tough one..
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This is a tough one..
    I can see both sides of this argument. Personally, I don't think he can carry the load as he has. His feet aren't going to get better but he could play a key reduced role. In order for that to happen, it's very likely Reese will ask for a pay cut. Is he willing to take the pay cut? Could he ask to be released hoping to have a more prominent role elsewhere?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He probably won't have a prominent role somewhere else knowing his injury history.
    Having said that that, he should take a pay cut and/or a reduced role on the team.
    I thought we had something special!!!

He couldnt carry the role the last two years without injury. I love AB but he has to be used sparingly.....but how effective would he be in a limited role??

this isa tough tough call....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'll role with Wilson & Brown.. maybe draft another back in the later rounds.

It's a tough decision because he makes far too much money to not be the #1.

He would be a FANTASTIC backup as the second or third back. I've always said that Bradshaw would be best suited either in the second Q and second half when the defense is more tired.

If Andre Brown can stay healthy him and Wilson are going to wreak SERIOUS havoc.....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'll role with Wilson & Brown.. maybe draft another back in the later rounds.
    I think Scott and Lumpkin could round out the backfield.

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
    There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
    There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.
    I could make a song out of that.