+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chip Kelly Hired as Eagles Head Coach

As a Ducks fan this bothers me greatly for obvious reasons. I am/was a Chip Kelly fan, and now I am forced to hope he crashes and burns in Philly.

I don't see how anyone can speculate accurately right now if he will be successful in the NFL or not, you just simply do not know.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Mike Vick is perfect for that system. I expect Philadelphia to address their offensive line issues and they will be way better.
    Vick is not a good fit at all. Foot speed is only somewhat important for an option QB. Fast decision making is far more important, and that is a place Vick struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...a-eagles-coach

I smell a desperate team. Not that I am completely against the giants keeping Fewell and Gilbride. I just hope the coaches and gm realize that it's critical we fix the issues we have on both sides of the ball. Especially now with our division rivals taking up coaches like this.

I know that from college to nfl it's different. But for now this actually bothers me.

What are your thoughts?
    Good luck running that offense in the NFCE.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    As long as he doesn’t address the issues of the offensive line then I am not worried about dogkilla at all. That offensive line gets fixed then there is a lot to worry about.
    I really just don't think that an improved O-line is going to make that much of a difference with Vick in that system. He's a first read guy. If his first read is covered he scrambles/panics, which is absolutely detrimental to the kind of offense that CK runs. Plus, you can't coach intelligence into a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Plus it's not like Oregon is a talent factory. It's not like he's got 1st round talent every year. Oregon is not USC or Alabama. But he knows what guys fit his system well. McCoy will be the best RB he has ever coached, BY FAR. He probably has never had a reciever as quick as Desean Jackson. He has talent in Philly.
    Everybody he has on the Eagles is more talented than what he had at Oregon. They're all professionals for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Kelly never had much talent at oregon really. He had one top 10 recruiting class.

Foles will be his QB. Vick is not a good fit for his system.

That offensive line with Jason Peters back will be much improved.

And there are rumors he will be going to a 3-4 defense, which could work, they have a lot of the pieces for it. Need a 1 gap nose, and maybe another outside backer. Dont know what would happen with Trent Cole, but he had a down year anyway.

I disagree that he didn't have talent at Oregon. Kelly was only recruiting speed at Oregon...that might not translate into the NFL because he had some smaller guys...but he hand picked speedy talent that would fit perfectly into his system. Some systems just don't translate into NFL studs....no different than Spurrier at Florida. But to say he didn't have talent is an understatement. He had talent for his system and didn't necessarily need the size speed guy for the NFL....just the speed guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    I disagree that he didn't have talent at Oregon. Kelly was only recruiting speed at Oregon...that might not translate into the NFL because he had some smaller guys...but he hand picked speedy talent that would fit perfectly into his system. Some systems just don't translate into NFL studs....no different than Spurrier at Florida. But to say he didn't have talent is an understatement. He had talent for his system and didn't necessarily need the size speed guy for the NFL....just the speed guy.
    Eh? He didnt have a team that was faster than anyone else. He never had a top QB, never had a top HB. Nothing.

I think that Kelly will keep Foles, Foles seems to be a good fit for the system that he plays. And Kelly did see a lot of foles in college too so I'm sure that he has watched a good amount of tape on him. I think that the talent on the Eagles roster combined with their draft position puts them in a very good position to be an effective team next year. at least on paper..

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Eh? He didnt have a team that was faster than anyone else. He never had a top QB, never had a top HB. Nothing.

The whole basis of Oregon was speed. DeAnthony Thomas might be the fastest guy in college. He never had a top QB...cause he needed an option guy. Never had a top HB?? LaMichael James was considered a heisman finalist snub.

+ Reply to Thread