+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chip Kelly Hired as Eagles Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    It's funny because everyone used to talk about how Reid always managed to out-coach Coughlin time and time again....now they have a new HC straight out of college with zero NFL experience and the consensus is that we're about to get owned by Philly even more so.

So what does it boil down to, is our coaching staff that awful in your eyes that we don't have any confidence facing anyone, or are you guys just saying Philly is a better team overall?
    Not awful by any means. But they're stuck in the past. They refuse to learn new tricks, or even try them out. They just dig their heads into the sand and fail to recognize that times are changing. Especially Killdrive.

Successful franchises will at least give new methods of playing and thinking a look, see what works and what doesn't, and try to incorporate what does work into the system. That's what the Patriots do. If we had Belicheck instead of the pats (let's say we flubbed in 2000 instead of making a playoff run, Fassel's gone, and we bring in BB to replace him), this roster would be so much better. Eli would be in the conversation for "best QB to ever play", while Brady would be a "very good, but not quite top tier".

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Eagles new Head Coach.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Not awful by any means. But they're stuck in the past. They refuse to learn new tricks, or even try them out. They just dig their heads into the sand and fail to recognize that times are changing. Especially Killdrive.

Successful franchises will at least give new methods of playing and thinking a look, see what works and what doesn't, and try to incorporate what does work into the system. That's what the Patriots do. If we had Belicheck instead of the pats (let's say we flubbed in 2000 instead of making a playoff run, Fassel's gone, and we bring in BB to replace him), this roster would be so much better. Eli would be in the conversation for "best QB to ever play", while Brady would be a "very good, but not quite top tier".
    I'm glad you brought up the Pats because I was going to bring them up when I read the "stuck in the past part".

Despite some things I don't like about Gilbride, which goes for everyone since no one is perfect, what happens whenever we face the Pats in the reg. season or SB? I don't think this "stuck in the past" ideology fails against the super innovative and "current" Pats' style. We own them every darn time we face them despite how creative and new school they are.

The only thing I will commend them on is the fact that they are constantly rebuilding through the draft and bringing in young and eager guys that want to win. I think we have a lot of veterans who aren't as hungry, but whenever our team plays their best and actually plays like they're hungry, we own the Pats and just about anyone else.

It also helps that they got Tom Brady, one of the greatest to ever play this sport. Would BB have those 3 rings if Bledsoe never got injured? Who knows, but I think he's one of the most grateful people on the planet to have Brady. If Brady went to the friggin Jags they would have a playoff contending team next year no doubt about it. BB is a good coach, I won't take anything away from him, but I think Brady is more deserving of their success. Unlike most teams in the NFL, the Pats could get by without a good defense because that's just how good Brady is. You could give Brady a bunch of scrub WR's and he'll make them pro-bowlers.
    Last edited by egyptian420; 01-16-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eli would be in the conversation for "best QB to ever play", while Brady would be a "very good, but not quite top tier".
    That's incredibly speculative. No question BB is a legend, but I'm not so sure about that statement.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

man, these tools have no loyalty.. WHy come out public ur going back to ur school and act like its such a great job and then bounce? Chip Kelly's gonna get ruined as many other great college coaches did.. If Steve Spurrier wasen't successful, and Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino, and Greg Schiano, i'm not gonna worry about this guy..

Obviously, i like em, but this is how i feel now that hes with Philly..lol

read-option is the new wildcat...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread