+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Story is a Hoax?.....

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You sound like an upset conspiracy theorist.
    LOL I'm an avid sports enthusist who's sick of watching atheletes lie about everything from using performance enhancing drugs to having babies with every girl they lay their eyes on to pretending to have girlfriends that they don't really have And then try to tell evryone how great a person they are. Where's the integrity?
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 01-19-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    LOL I'm an avid sports enthusist who's sick of watching atheletes lie about everything from using performance enhancing drugs to having babies with every girl they lay their eyes on to pretending to have girlfriends that they don't really have And then try to tell evryone how great a person they are. Where's the integrity?
    Integrity? It's not just the players. I'm sure people remember watching Pete Carroll calling timeout to the ref to ice Matt Bryant last weekend until he missed on the initial attempt.."wait..I didn't call timeout!" or Jim Harbaugh waiting to pop a vein in his neck over every defensive penalty on his team as if they play totally clean.

If it makes Te'o situation any better, I have 15 wait make that 150 girlfriends so far and I still keep in contact with them Mambo No. 5 style.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-19-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Welcome back gmen
    Thanks Rood, nice to be back

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Integrity? It's not just the players. I'm sure people remember watching Pete Carroll calling timeout to the ref to ice Matt Bryant last weekend until he missed on the initial attempt.."wait..I didn't call timeout!" or Jim Harbaugh waiting to pop a vein in his neck over every defensive penalty on his team as if they play totally clean.

If it makes Te'o situation any better, I have 15 wait make that 150 girlfriends so far and I still keep in contact with them Mambo No. 5 style.
    A coach calling timeout just before a kicker kicks a field goal, or lobbying for a call to go his way is different from a football player/athelete peretrating a hoax to gain more popularity and attention. One is gamesmanship. The other is fraudulent and conman like. And on top of that he used the sickness/luekemia card to gain even more notariety for himself.

When you mentioned Pete carroll I thought you were going to talk about him leaving USC before everything hits the fan and leaving the university to clean up his mess. That's a better example of lack of integrity IMO.

A coach calling timeout just before a kicker kicks a field goal, or lobbying for a call to go his way is different from a football player/athelete peretrating a hoax to gain more popularity and attention. One is gamesmanship. The other is fraudulent and conman like. And on top of that he used the sickness/luekemia card to gain even more notariety for himself.

When you mentioned Pete carroll I thought you were going to talk about him leaving USC before everything hits the fan and leaving the university to clean up his mess. That's a better example of lack of integrity IMO.
    Except there is absolutely no proof at all that Manti created this story for attention. You need to stop with your little conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Except there is absolutely no proof at all that Manti created this story for attention. You need to stop with your little conspiracy theory.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm looking at all the information infront of me and based on that I'm finding it very hard to believe Te'o wasn't involved in orchestrating this hoax.

I'm confused with how its "gamesmanship" for Carrol to clearly call timeout and then blatantly LIE and say "I never called it!!!" Isn't that a fraudulent practice? Isn't that conning someone?

Isn't that worse than Teo? Teo just thought he was talking to a genuine person and made up stories about actually meeting her in person so as not to come off weird for loving a person he never met.

If I told you Eli had cancer and you took me at my word and then told someone else are you a fraud? Are you a con-man? I would think you were lied to and/or misinformed.

The kid was duped into an online relationship with someone that was too good to be true, fell head over heels, tried to make it seem not as weird/creepy as it was, and now this. If he was a math major at N.D. you'd never have heard of this. He'd think this girl that he loved died of Leukemia and we'd be worried about the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I'm confused with how its "gamesmanship" for Carrol to clearly call timeout and then blatantly LIE and say "I never called it!!!" Isn't that a fraudulent practice? Isn't that conning someone?

Isn't that worse than Teo? Teo just thought he was talking to a genuine person and made up stories about actually meeting her in person so as not to come off weird for loving a person he never met.

If I told you Eli had cancer and you took me at my word and then told someone else are you a fraud? Are you a con-man? I would think you were lied to and/or misinformed.

The kid was duped into an online relationship with someone that was too good to be true, fell head over heels, tried to make it seem not as weird/creepy as it was, and now this. If he was a math major at N.D. you'd never have heard of this. He'd think this girl that he loved died of Leukemia and we'd be worried about the draft.
    HUH?????.....

WHAT????? Are you comparing CArroll calling a TO just before a kicker kicks a FG and then supposedly says he didn't call TO to Te'o who made up SEVERAL stories about actually a girlfriend that wasn't really. I don't know either Te'o or Carroll personally, but using that example you gave what Te'o did was worse than what Carroll did. And BTW I can't stand Carroll.

And why the heck would I take you, a strangers, word for Eli having cancer. At the very least I would check online, the news, etc. to confirm it.

I can't tell if your post is serious or not, but I read the Schapp interview with Te'o and I believe him even less. Skim through it yourself.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-jeremy-schaap

There is no hard evidence that points to Te'o's innocence nor is there any that completely points to him being involved in the hoax. All we have so far is a bunch of "he says, she says" and trusting one's own intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    There is no hard evidence that points to Te'o's innocence nor is there any that completely points to him being involved in the hoax. All we have so far is a bunch of "he says, she says" and trusting one's own intuition.
    Agree. But, the more I read about it and the more I see the numbers of people duped by this stuff the more I believe him. I guess me being raised in a time where you actually met someone and went out with them a few times before you called them a girlfriend or whatever confused me.

The hard thing for me was to believe that someone would be so naive, but apparently it is a common thing.

+ Reply to Thread