+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    its extremely odd to say the least.

Not that I know all the details, but really what did he stand to gain IF he was involved? It would take what stupid is up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    its extremely odd to say the least.

Not that I know all the details, but really what did he stand to gain IF he was involved? It would take what stupid is up a notch
    I agree that Teo being involved is so stupid that it is too hard to believe, if he had nothing to gain why would he totally risk his credibility...

Theory #1: He did it for sympathy. In the days leading up to the Heisman, all you would hear about is the incredible story of him playing after the death of his grandmother and girlfriend.

Theory #2: He did it to cover up that he is gay.

come on....he is a stupid kid with emotional issues perhaps....
    stuff like this goes on all the time.
    I bet he got into som einternet romane it got out of hand and he didnt know how to get out o fit....who knows. '
    I wouldn't crucify the kid for this at all.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Theory #1: He did it for sympathy. In the days leading up to the Heisman, all you would hear about is the incredible story of him playing after the death of his grandmother and girlfriend.

Theory #2: He did it to cover up that he is gay.
    I got this myself yesterday when saying almost outloud .. "Why would you fake having a girlfri...... ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    come on....he is a stupid kid with emotional issues perhaps....
    stuff like this goes on all the time.
    I bet he got into som einternet romane it got out of hand and he didnt know how to get out o fit....who knows. '
    I wouldn't crucify the kid for this at all.
    This goes beyond being stupid. This is insidious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I got this myself yesterday when saying almost outloud .. "Why would you fake having a girlfri...... ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Football is a macho culture. He proclaimed that this girl was the "love of his life". So in the future when he is a famous football player but not linked to any wife/girlfriend he can claim "I did love a girl once, and I will never love one again" or something to that effect. It basically gives him an out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Football is a macho culture. He proclaimed that this girl was the "love of his life". So in the future when he is a famous football player but not linked to any wife/girlfriend he can claim "I did love a girl once, and I will never love one again" or something to that effect. It basically gives him an out.
    Also add in the fact that he's a Mormon going to a Catholic school.

Eh, the league is full of actual criminals.

As long as he tells teams the truth when they ask, this wont affect him that much. Maybe 10 draft spots or something like that, but in the scheme of things, its pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I think the reason why this story is so controversial is because this story made Manti Te'o.
    It shouldnt have though. He had a damn good season and should have been a heisman finalist anyway. It was a really weak class and Te'o lead ND to an undefeated record.

I think its controversial because its totally nuts