+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,292

    What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/16...ct-on-new-york

    Excerpt: 'What does Kelly's hiring mean for the New York Giants, who face the Eagles twice every season in the NFC East?

    At first glance it means that head coach Tom Coughlin, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and the rest of the Giants' staff have a lot of studying to do. The Giants had tremendous difficulty during the 2012 regular season with the read-option and power running game employed by Robert Grifffin III and the Washington Redskins. This season they will see much more of that type of attack.

    The Giants face the Redskins and Eagles twice, and also have Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks and Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on their 2013 schedule. That means they will face this newer-style fast-paced offense in which the quarterback is often a runner at least six times, including in four of their six division games.

    As they de-construct the things that went wrong defensively in 2012 and try to fortify that group for 2013 you have to think the Giants will keep all of this in mind as they add personnel via free agency and the draft." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,513
    We get to sweep the Eagles every year?

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,292
    Quote Originally Posted by barran21 View Post
    We get to sweep the Eagles every year?
    I like these positive vibes
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    Veteran mike kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,421
    It means he better get some major schooling on the spread offence and then figure out how much of the dead weight on the defense he needs to get rid of.
    And find a "Real Man" to be the defensive captain.
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

  5. #5
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,965
    Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    It means he better get some major schooling on the spread offence and then figure out how much of the dead weight on the defense he needs to get rid of.
    And find a "Real Man" to be the defensive captain.
    The package run by RGIII, Cam, Kaep you're referring to is "read" offense and/or "pistol" package, not "spread". And our 2012 defense--as inconsistent as it was throughout the season--was not exactly destroyed by Redskins, Panthers, or the multiple plays Kaep was in vs us in Oct.

    These teams were effective in certain games during the year, true enough, but they weren't "unstoppable" by any means. They all lost games, and some were to us.

    And to call into question Tuck's "manhood" is ****ing absurd, regardless of his fall off in production this year.

  6. #6
    Veteran mike kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    The package run by RGIII, Cam, Kaep you're referring to is "read" offense and/or "pistol" package, not "spread". And our 2012 defense--as inconsistent as it was throughout the season--was not exactly destroyed by Redskins, Panthers, or the multiple plays Kaep was in vs us in Oct.

    These teams were effective in certain games during the year, true enough, but they weren't "unstoppable" by any means. They all lost games, and some were to us.

    And to call into question Tuck's "manhood" is ****ing absurd, regardless of his fall off in production this year.
    Not challenging his manhood but just wanting a much more vocal leader! All I heard from him all year was how great the opposing players for next week were. Him and OSi had them walking on water! YOu would never here LT, Banks or Carson say stuff like that before a game! They were out to kill!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

  7. #7
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,965
    Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    Not challenging his manhood but just wanting a much more vocal leader! All I heard from him all year was how great the opposing players for next week were. Him and OSi had them walking on water! YOu would never here LT, Banks or Carson say stuff like that before a game! They were out to kill!
    To state the obvious, you're really grossly overstating how much Tuck and Osi had opposing players "walking on water". To my recollection, Tuck gave RGIII some respect in his remarks, something that he was not alone in doing this year, and something that is not a sign of weakness from one player that is going to face another player at least 2 times a year every year. Aside from giving props to Griffin, I certainly don't recall Tuck over praising opponents before every game as you suggest.

    As for Osi, I thought he was atoning for his pre season "I'm calling him Bob until he proves himself" remarks about Griffin. Well, after several games into the season and after playing against him in their first match, Osi felt he should man up to his earlier remarks aimed at diminishing Griffin. Again, not a thing wrong with that. And certainly a sign of legitimate respect for a player who was clearly impressing everyone in the league--current and ex players alike, current and ex coaches alike--not any sign of weakness or "rolling over"..

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/16...ct-on-new-york

    Excerpt: 'What does Kelly's hiring mean for the New York Giants, who face the Eagles twice every season in the NFC East?

    At first glance it means that head coach Tom Coughlin, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and the rest of the Giants' staff have a lot of studying to do. The Giants had tremendous difficulty during the 2012 regular season with the read-option and power running game employed by Robert Grifffin III and the Washington Redskins. This season they will see much more of that type of attack.

    The Giants face the Redskins and Eagles twice, and also have Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks and Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on their 2013 schedule. That means they will face this newer-style fast-paced offense in which the quarterback is often a runner at least six times, including in four of their six division games.

    As they de-construct the things that went wrong defensively in 2012 and try to fortify that group for 2013 you have to think the Giants will keep all of this in mind as they add personnel via free agency and the draft." Read more...
    First of all let me start by saying, I'm looking forward to the seeing how the Giants take on that challenge. I'm not going to mark those games as loses or be afraid for the Giants when they play those teams. The Giants have a lot of changes and adjustments they have to make this offseason, they have to have a great draft and also sign and keep key players and maybe sign some "sleepers" or "gems" out in FA that won't cost and arm and a leg. I trust Reese and the crew will do a great job as always and put a team together for the coaches to mold and have ready for the upcoming season. PF has a lot of work to do if he wants to improve over this past season, he needs to wake up a little and be ready for this read-option type of style. He also needs to make necessary adjustments when needed, if something is not working during a game.....change it up a little and try another scheme and rotate players if others are not performing. All the success depends on the team as a whole, the coaches have to put a great plan in place and the players have to stay in shape and execute what the coaches have in place for them. They win as a team and fail as a team!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    If Williams stays healthy I think he could be a good QB spy for us, or possibly use a safety

  10. #10
    but will Chip Kelly keep Vick to run his offense.....that's the question here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts