+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,329

    What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/16...ct-on-new-york

    Excerpt: 'What does Kelly's hiring mean for the New York Giants, who face the Eagles twice every season in the NFC East?

    At first glance it means that head coach Tom Coughlin, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and the rest of the Giants' staff have a lot of studying to do. The Giants had tremendous difficulty during the 2012 regular season with the read-option and power running game employed by Robert Grifffin III and the Washington Redskins. This season they will see much more of that type of attack.

    The Giants face the Redskins and Eagles twice, and also have Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks and Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on their 2013 schedule. That means they will face this newer-style fast-paced offense in which the quarterback is often a runner at least six times, including in four of their six division games.

    As they de-construct the things that went wrong defensively in 2012 and try to fortify that group for 2013 you have to think the Giants will keep all of this in mind as they add personnel via free agency and the draft." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,470
    We get to sweep the Eagles every year?

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,329
    Quote Originally Posted by barran21 View Post
    We get to sweep the Eagles every year?
    I like these positive vibes
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/16...ct-on-new-york

    Excerpt: 'What does Kelly's hiring mean for the New York Giants, who face the Eagles twice every season in the NFC East?

    At first glance it means that head coach Tom Coughlin, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and the rest of the Giants' staff have a lot of studying to do. The Giants had tremendous difficulty during the 2012 regular season with the read-option and power running game employed by Robert Grifffin III and the Washington Redskins. This season they will see much more of that type of attack.

    The Giants face the Redskins and Eagles twice, and also have Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks and Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on their 2013 schedule. That means they will face this newer-style fast-paced offense in which the quarterback is often a runner at least six times, including in four of their six division games.

    As they de-construct the things that went wrong defensively in 2012 and try to fortify that group for 2013 you have to think the Giants will keep all of this in mind as they add personnel via free agency and the draft." Read more...
    First of all let me start by saying, I'm looking forward to the seeing how the Giants take on that challenge. I'm not going to mark those games as loses or be afraid for the Giants when they play those teams. The Giants have a lot of changes and adjustments they have to make this offseason, they have to have a great draft and also sign and keep key players and maybe sign some "sleepers" or "gems" out in FA that won't cost and arm and a leg. I trust Reese and the crew will do a great job as always and put a team together for the coaches to mold and have ready for the upcoming season. PF has a lot of work to do if he wants to improve over this past season, he needs to wake up a little and be ready for this read-option type of style. He also needs to make necessary adjustments when needed, if something is not working during a game.....change it up a little and try another scheme and rotate players if others are not performing. All the success depends on the team as a whole, the coaches have to put a great plan in place and the players have to stay in shape and execute what the coaches have in place for them. They win as a team and fail as a team!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    If Williams stays healthy I think he could be a good QB spy for us, or possibly use a safety

  6. #6
    it means another spread offense we'll face. its alright tho not worried bout kelly at all. his system works in the bs conference oregons in, not when talent is spread much more evenly. this will be another failed expierment with vick id gather as well. this gives philly a reason to keep him...

  7. #7
    Majority of Big Blue fans are scared of Chip Kelly while Eagles fans think he is the next Steve Spurrier lol. I think this is a huge risk/reward hire myself on Lurie's part.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Majority of Big Blue fans are scared of Chip Kelly while Eagles fans think he is the next Steve Spurrier lol. I think this is a huge risk/reward hire myself on Lurie's part.
    is kelly in charge of player personnel like he was at oregon? if not, its awfully tough trying to implement a scheme like hes going to with players forced upon him...dont see this working out for philly at all. didnt see it working for washington and rgknees better qb than vick and shannahans at least a proven nfl coach...

  9. #9
    and really our lack of success vs washington the 2nd time, the author fails to state how we won our 1rst meeting, was bc of tuck and osi's bs mentality imo. when those two were feeling disrespected and talked down to, they lit up cam newton (the defense/dl) and thats a spread option with a better pocket pass imo than rgknee, so what happened? the mentality. tuck conceded defeat after we won the 1rst meeting...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    is kelly in charge of player personnel like he was at oregon? if not, its awfully tough trying to implement a scheme like hes going to with players forced upon him...dont see this working out for philly at all. didnt see it working for washington and rgknees better qb than vick and shannahans at least a proven nfl coach...
    I don't think those details have been released yet but I imagine since he was Lurie's guy the whole race, Kelly will end up getting full control. I'm not worried about the immediate future because it's not like college recruiting where he can build his team easily in the first 2 years. Like with Pete Carroll, it will take time.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts