+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

this has dream team 2.0 written all over it. RGIII and the spread option was successful this year, so lets go out and get the best spread option guy we can find to run our team. They just always have to build around hype and trends and names up there in Philly. Silly all the best teams in the NFL are built on continuity and a slow maturation of a system, they just cant get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't think those details have been released yet but I imagine since he was Lurie's guy the whole race, Kelly will end up getting full control. I'm not worried about the immediate future because it's not like college recruiting where he can build his team easily in the first 2 years. Like with Pete Carroll, it will take time.
    i tend to agree and i think its why it will ultimately fail. philly fans arent gonna give kelly the time needed to turn their team around. they won what, 3 games 4 games? ppl in philly honestly believed dynasty lol. if he has some early success itll make things even worse and expectatins more unfair lol

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    this has dream team 2.0 written all over it. RGIII and the spread option was successful this year, so lets go out and get the best spread option guy we can find to run our team. They just always have to build around hype and trends and names up there in Philly. Silly all the best teams in the NFL are built on continuity and a slow maturation of a system, they just cant get it.
    this is another aspect i believe it will fail. from what i know of kelly, he doesnt run any sort of conventional offense. its ALL spread option stuff, at least in college it was. phillys taking a huge gamble that this recent spread option isnt some sort of gimmic fad. if it is, their team will consistently suck bc of scheme no matter the personnel really lmao. what a risk

can a spread option offense win the SB? i dunno. i dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    can a spread option offense win the SB? i dunno. i dont think so.
    It's not even that. They had a chance to grab the DC of the Seahawks who has actual NFL experience and has shown that he can get his unit to play at a high level. Lurie should of hired the more sure choice.

I think the NFL D's will catch up with the spread option this year. With a full off-season, and multiple QB's having run it this year, there is plenty of film to disseminate, and come up with effective schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I think the NFL D's will catch up with the spread option this year. With a full off-season, and multiple QB's having run it this year, there is plenty of film to disseminate, and come up with effective schemes.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Will mean all hurry up no huddle. Giants defense needs to be in good shape for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Will mean all hurry up no huddle. Giants defense needs to be in good shape for next season.
    We need to get faster, and nastier on defense.. better LB's and DT's methinks.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    it means another spread offense we'll face. its alright tho not worried bout kelly at all. his system works in the bs conference oregons in, not when talent is spread much more evenly. this will be another failed expierment with vick id gather as well. this gives philly a reason to keep him...
    PAC-12 BS? Lol. Try 2nd to the SEC. And would Philly want to keep Vick? Never plays a full season, old, slower, bad passer and does not play in the spread option....

+ Reply to Thread