+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

Veteran
    I don't know much about they guy since I don't watch college football

You assume he's going to run the same offense in Philly. While I'm sure he'll try and keep the tempo up, his players will be dead by November if he tries to run 90+ offensive snaps in the NFL. It's easier to do that when you have a roster of 100 players instead of 53.

Thats what Ive been saying, the real threat is the speed they operate at, not really the speed of the team.

I would bet he tries exactly the same thing in the NFL. Could his team physically survive running so many snaps a game? That will be the real question.

Of course the natural way to kill a high paced offense is to force 3 and outs, then control the ball on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Thats what Ive been saying, the real threat is the speed they operate at, not really the speed of the team.

I would bet he tries exactly the same thing in the NFL. Could his team physically survive running so many snaps a game? That will be the real question.

Of course the natural way to kill a high paced offense is to force 3 and outs, then control the ball on offense.
    I love watching his offense in college. But if he tries to do the same fast paced offense in the NFL, with a 53 man roster, he is going to murder his own defense.

Still I am glad he is getting his shot. He deserves it.

Veteran
    Chip is dangerous because Fewell is our DC

He only came because they offered him more power and more money. He declined at first because he didn't think the system fit his style of play. He doesn't have any NFL background at all either, poor hire.

It was a bold move by the Eagles. I respect it. The Eagles can be a dangerous team and I think they all needed new coaching blood. I'd be wary of them next year.

if anyone thinks that Chip is going to force an offense on a team they don't know Chip Kelly, he is going to utilize his personal to the maximum potential, something that many other coaches and coordinators should do

Chip Kelly is brilliant, beyond his 'Offensive Schemes' his approach to the game, his approach to nutrition and workouts etc, his coaching in general, i don't believe he will force any scheme on an offense that doesn't have the potential personal to maximize that, he is highly intelligent when it comes to football

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    Chip Kelly is brilliant, beyond his 'Offensive Schemes' his approach to the game, his approach to nutrition and workouts etc, his coaching in general, i don't believe he will force any scheme on an offense that doesn't have the potential personal to maximize that, he is highly intelligent when it comes to football
    He's not a bystander HC

+ Reply to Thread