+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by McMVP View Post
    I see your point with that article but the article kind of implies they do not get a lot of talent. To say they do not get a lot of talent because their players are not ranked in the top 100 is false. He has always recruited for the scheme he wants to run which would rule out some players and he has always done well recruiting depth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    Not challenging his manhood but just wanting a much more vocal leader! All I heard from him all year was how great the opposing players for next week were. Him and OSi had them walking on water! YOu would never here LT, Banks or Carson say stuff like that before a game! They were out to kill!
    To state the obvious, you're really grossly overstating how much Tuck and Osi had opposing players "walking on water". To my recollection, Tuck gave RGIII some respect in his remarks, something that he was not alone in doing this year, and something that is not a sign of weakness from one player that is going to face another player at least 2 times a year every year. Aside from giving props to Griffin, I certainly don't recall Tuck over praising opponents before every game as you suggest.

As for Osi, I thought he was atoning for his pre season "I'm calling him Bob until he proves himself" remarks about Griffin. Well, after several games into the season and after playing against him in their first match, Osi felt he should man up to his earlier remarks aimed at diminishing Griffin. Again, not a thing wrong with that. And certainly a sign of legitimate respect for a player who was clearly impressing everyone in the league--current and ex players alike, current and ex coaches alike--not any sign of weakness or "rolling over"..

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    To state the obvious, you're really grossly overstating how much Tuck and Osi had opposing players "walking on water". To my recollection, Tuck gave RGIII some respect in his remarks, something that he was not alone in doing this year, and something that is not a sign of weakness from one player that is going to face another player at least 2 times a year every year. Aside from giving props to Griffin, I certainly don't recall Tuck over praising opponents before every game as you suggest.

As for Osi, I thought he was atoning for his pre season "I'm calling him Bob until he proves himself" remarks about Griffin. Well, after several games into the season and after playing against him in their first match, Osi felt he should man up to his earlier remarks aimed at diminishing Griffin. Again, not a thing wrong with that. And certainly a sign of legitimate respect for a player who was clearly impressing everyone in the league--current and ex players alike, current and ex coaches alike--not any sign of weakness or "rolling over"..

OK Coach
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

+ Reply to Thread