+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What Does Chip Kelly To Eagles Mean To Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    NFC East is turning into a division that runs the football
    Remains to be seen.

But as of the end of 2012 season, while Redskins were first in the league in rushing, the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys were 13th, 14th, and 31st, respectively, with the run. hardly qualifies as definitively a "division that runs the football"--at least not any more than any other division.

And as to our "terrible defense vs the run" 2012 Giants, we were 3-1 vs the top 10 teams in rushing (Redskins, Niners, Panthers), and 6-6 vs the other teams we played with lesser run games.

We definitely need to improve our run defense for 2013. But our failure to make the post season this year was ultimately due to inconsistency in so many other areas of the game, that in my view the emphasis on defending the run--and the attending emphasis on defending the read option as depicted in this article about Kelly and his potential impact upon the Giants--is quite overblown.

We split the Redskins games, and their new offense with rookies Griffin and Morris gave the Giants fits, to be sure. But even with the admitted porous run defense of the Giants this year we were in both games until the last second of each, winning one with a thrilling finish and losing the second one by 1 point.

I don't share the sudden fear factor of the so-called read option that's implied by the writer of this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue4life View Post
    Being from Arizona and following the Pac-12 a lot I do not think he will have much success at first. I am not saying he is a bad coach but he has benefited from an overwhelming talent pool at Oregon. Oregon gets the majority of the best players on the west coast due to all the endorsements and NFL level football facilities, its called Nike U for a reason. That being said, once he gets the players he wants he should do ok. Whether or not the egirls wait that long is another story.
    nice post

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    nice post
    Well thanks

Being from Arizona and following the Pac-12 a lot I do not think he will have much success at first. I am not saying he is a bad coach but he has benefited from an overwhelming talent pool at Oregon. Oregon gets the majority of the best players on the west coast due to all the endorsements and NFL level football facilities, its called Nike U for a reason. That being said, once he gets the players he wants he should do ok. Whether or not the egirls wait that long is another story.
    I am from AZ too and I have watched Chip closely also. One thing is for certain: The guy knows how to call imaginative offensive plays. I am afraid that even at the state the Eagles are now, Kelly will make Fewell's defense look like pee-wee league. I wanted him for our OC, but knew it will never happen.

It means he better get some major schooling on the spread offence and then figure out how much of the dead weight on the defense he needs to get rid of.
    And find a "Real Man" to be the defensive captain.
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    It means he better get some major schooling on the spread offence and then figure out how much of the dead weight on the defense he needs to get rid of.
    And find a "Real Man" to be the defensive captain.
    The package run by RGIII, Cam, Kaep you're referring to is "read" offense and/or "pistol" package, not "spread". And our 2012 defense--as inconsistent as it was throughout the season--was not exactly destroyed by Redskins, Panthers, or the multiple plays Kaep was in vs us in Oct.

These teams were effective in certain games during the year, true enough, but they weren't "unstoppable" by any means. They all lost games, and some were to us.

And to call into question Tuck's "manhood" is ****ing absurd, regardless of his fall off in production this year.

All-Pro
    Be interesting to see what happens with the NCAA's investigation of Oregon. Didn't the NFL ban or suspend the Ohio State couch for his violations?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    The package run by RGIII, Cam, Kaep you're referring to is "read" offense and/or "pistol" package, not "spread". And our 2012 defense--as inconsistent as it was throughout the season--was not exactly destroyed by Redskins, Panthers, or the multiple plays Kaep was in vs us in Oct.

These teams were effective in certain games during the year, true enough, but they weren't "unstoppable" by any means. They all lost games, and some were to us.

And to call into question Tuck's "manhood" is ****ing absurd, regardless of his fall off in production this year.
    Not challenging his manhood but just wanting a much more vocal leader! All I heard from him all year was how great the opposing players for next week were. Him and OSi had them walking on water! YOu would never here LT, Banks or Carson say stuff like that before a game! They were out to kill!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Patriots running that no-huddle into the ground.

Veteran
    Not exactly true....

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/...at-oregon-huh/

+ Reply to Thread