+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some FAs

again, i think that our spending on FAs is going to be really limited this year.

you look at our own FA list compared to other teams, especially in our division, and its staggering.

plus, its not like we've got alot of really big contracts expiring that free up alot of money.

when i see guys putting bennett and long on lists of FAs, even if the potential is slim, then i think people are overestimating the kind of flexibility we have.

we're trying to resign our starting left tackle and a WR that should be getting somewhere around $10 mill a season, along with our QBs cap hit going from $10 mill to $20 mill, all in the same year.

everyone should lower their expectations. Alot.

At most, we'll get a couple of solid depth-type guys for real cheap deals. No big splashes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    if there would be a way to get Sean Smith i say pull the trigger. I assume we would cut Webster which I am okay with even though I'm a Webster supporter. I think Sean Smith and Amukamara on the outsides with Hosley in the slot next year would be deadly
    This definately.....my one buddy is a MIA fan, he had alot of good things to say about this guy. If we could lock him up, it could free up some other positions we NEED for the dratf.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    At most, we'll get a couple of solid depth-type guys for real cheap deals. No big splashes this year.
    +1

if we can hang on to pieces like Boothe and our own Bennett, that will be success enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cags View Post
    Just passing this along, I didn't see it listed. Its from an article on bleacher report.

They list 5 free agents that the author feels would help the giants.

Andre Smith OT Cincinnati - said he is a solid right tackle and 26
    Michael Bennett DE Tampa Bay - Martellus' brother 9 1/2 sacks last year, said Martellus is gonna work him
    Phillip Wheeler OLB Oakland - said he is an under the radar type, good athletes
    Sean Smith CB Miami - said he's a solid CB only 25
    Jake Long OT Miami - said its a long shot but Miami might not be willing to resign him and he could use a fresh start

Was a decent article, never heard of a couple of these guys, we usually don't overspend in FA, but if the price is right maybe one or two of these guys end up Giants.

Andre Smith - Don't know alot about him.....would he be one of the cheaper OT out there?
    Michael Bennett - looks good....would be a good addition to the dline rotation
    Philip Wheeler - do we need another OLB though......don't we have enough? We really need MLB
    Sean Smith - Agreed on this, he would be a great add if the price is right
    Jake Long - no way we could afford him......but he is a great RT

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    andre smith would prob be the best way we could address the RT issue
    He's going to get BIG money..

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    He's going to get BIG money..
    Big money for a big slob . . . .no thanks. Unless he agrees to re-create his combine titty run after every win!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    maybe Sean Smith? how much could he want?

Andre Smith would be my #1 choice followed closely by Sean Smith out in Miami

+ Reply to Thread