+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giants interview Trent Steelman QB/WR Army at Shrine Game practice....

Giants interview Trent Steelman QB/WR Army at Shrine Game practice....

Finally, our first interview that has been made public, and its with Trent Steelman, the Runnning QB from Army whos making a transiton to WR, and with success of Julian Edelman, i think it'll help Steelman get his chance.. Who knows if he'll be drafted, but probably picked up as UDF if hes not...

I got my info from Waltfootballs Live coverege at Shrine game practices...

Does anyone know a round about what Steelman runs a 40dash in? I know hes listed at 6ft 1in 207lbs, which is a solid sized WR.. Hes obviously shifty and knows how to operate within a crowd and run with ball in his hands, all things that will help at WR.. What kinda player would he be in the pros? A Julian Edelman type? Is he worth a late Draft pick? Can he play as a rookie or does he have to honor his army commitment to some degree?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Does anyone know a round about what Steelman runs a 40dash in? I know hes listed at 6ft 1in 207lbs, which is a solid sized WR.. Hes obviously shifty and knows how to operate within a crowd and run with ball in his hands, all things that will help at WR.. What kinda player would he be in the pros? A Julian Edelman type? Is he worth a late Draft pick? Can he play as a rookie or does he have to honor his army commitment to some degree?
    DoD will void his contract if he is selected to a team and offered a nfl contract.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    DoD will void his contract if he is selected to a team and offered a nfl contract.
    Really? No kidding.. So good for him if he gets a shot..

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Not true.. Mayock talked to steelman, and its a case to case basis, and they will probably let em use some leave time to go to a training camp and see whats what, though...

Mayock said that Steelman might even be a good Saftey in pros.. He actually loves em, and said hes making someones roster.. Its funny becuas i've mentioned Steelman during the yr as well in Draft thread, as a guy i wonderd if he could become a Julian Edelman type player as a pro.. Hes got the size, and can obviously has toughness like Edelman and enough speed, and can make defenders miss...etc
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-19-2013 at 06:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread