+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ogletree
    Greene
    Minter
    Brown
    Red****/Hodges

Thats the way i personally value the LB's...
    Good list. I might actually move Minter above Greene if he passes the measuables test at he combine. I think he has the leadership edge. I like them both tho.

I'm still just not convinced with ogletree. He has upside. But he is not a middle backer in the nfl right now. He's light, he plays light, he can't shed.

It's completely a potential project pick with ogletree.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Ogletree is really growing on me.. I like the fact that he can cover and is a 3 down LB..
    Khaseem Greene also can cover some, but not like Ogletree.. I'm telling u, Khaseem Greene will grow on u, if u watch more of him, and research em more.. I'm almost willing to give the Sportzfan gurantee on him being a great pro, hes that kinda good.... Ogletree and Greene are sensational players....

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm still just not convinced with ogletree. He has upside. But he is not a middle backer in the nfl right now. He's light, he plays light, he can't shed.

It's completely a potential project pick with ogletree.
    Hes freaking 6ft 3in 232lbs dude! I mean, obviously with that frame and athletic ability, gaining 5-10lbs should be of no issue, while maintaining his athletic ability, and he is in on like every play. He avg'd more tackles per game then Brown, he made more sacks then brown, he defended more passes then brown, and all this while missing 4games in the rugged SEC... Ogletree gets to face beast running backs on a weekly basis with ridiculous offensive lineman and comes out making plays and tackles left and right... Brown has faced ACC and BIG12 RB's and olineman, who are very good, but no match for the SEC teams... I like what Ogletree has going for em, much more then Brown.. I like what Ogletree has accomplished while missing 4games more then what Brown has.. And to be honest, it comes down to what u do on the field more then anything.. Ogletree is more of a diffrence maker then maybe any other LB in this draft, thats fit for a 4/3 defense...

Hence why Ogletree has missed 4games and flew up draft boards and into almost guranteed 1st rd status and ahead of Arthur Brown in the blink of a e eye, and hes only a jr! Trust me, it isn't all potential, or were talking 3rd rd at best, see Jelani Jenkins, this kids earned his grade, and yes, when u put in the fact hes doing what hes doing while playing a new positon and producing like he has all ready with that immense upside, its a no brainer... Ogletree is a better prospect then Arthur Brown...

Again you go right to the stats like they prove anything.

Watch him play. Watch how rarely any OL get to him.

You keep anyone completely free most of the game up near the line and he will have huge numbers

Ogletree will have to move to weakside and be well protected at least for awhile. If he can learn to play more physically, actually use his hands once in awhile, and gain weight, then he can be a mike.

But he runs around like a zombie and he's fortunate to never have to fight through blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Alec Ogletree has a frame to add weight, and has extreme athletic ability(gurantee he destorys the combine for LB prospects), and makes more plays, lead his team in tackles despite missing 4games, has played Saftey before, which to me is a added plus, if for no other reason but to have more perspective on other positons on the field..etc This guy could easily be a 6ft 3in 240lb athletic playmaking machine in a yr or 2...

If i'm picking a LB , its gotta go lke this

Ogletree
    Greene
    Minter
    Brown
    Red****/Hodges

Thats the way i personally value the LB's...
    I would go:
    Ogletree

Minter/Johnson
    Brown
    Red****
    Greene/Porter

*I'm still looking at Greene.. I'm not as familiar with him as I am some of these others... so he may move up as I watch his film. I'm VERY familiar with Ogletree, Minter and Brown. Been watching these guys since they first stepped onto a college field. I'll say this, with Brown sometimes you have to look for him in a game. With Ogletree, you don't have to look... he jumps out. With Minter, I wasn't really impressed with him until this year but he had a great year and turned out being a much better prospect than I thought he would. My guess is that he's going to measure out a lot slower than Ogletree than Brown.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-17-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Both the Will and Mike get dropped the same. The mike just has a deeper drop, while the will has more responsibilities against the run.
    Hence the MIKE has to cover more ground.

The will absolutely is more critical to have a great player.

The bucs, bears, vikings, colts, etc. When they were running the Tampa 2 all had tremendous Will backers.

Lance Briggs, Derrick brooks, chad Greenway, Cato June, etc. all are better than the middle backers on their teams apart from Briggs, though you could argue he is as good as Urlacher.
    Urlacher is a much better LB than Briggs (over the course of their careers) and is much more integral to the Bears defense.

Chad Greenway is a SAM and I'm not sure you can make the case that he's better than E.J. Henderson was for that team at this point. E.J. Henderson certainly meant more to the Vikings than Greenway did.

Cato June currently plays SAM as well (transitioned two years ago when he went to Tampa).

And having a good WILL (or better WILL than MIKE) is not an indication of priority, but rather how your personnel choices worked out.

As for being too short, Lets see

Briggs - 6'1
    Greenway - 6'2
    Brooks - 6'0
    June - 6'0

Arthur Brown is 6'1. So his size is not an issue in the least
    I meant compared to Ogletree. All things being equal, who would you rather have at WILL ... the 6'3 guy or the 6'1 guy?

As for J Will. He is a weak side backer as well. But now that he is up to 230+ he could play some Sam. He already spends a lot of his time on the field matched up against TEs
    Not sure he could play SAM. As you've pointed out, he's not strong enough at the point of attack. And nowhere do I see him listed larger than 225 lb (was 220 when drafted, and 215 throughout most of his college career).

And while I like Arthur Brown on tape, odds are that he's not the next Derrick Brooks.

Keep in mind that I like both Brown and Ogletree. I just think Ogletree translates better than Brown and fills a potential need more. Having said that, I thought Vontaze Burfict was going to be garbage and look how he's turning out. So I readily admit to being awful at judging college talent in translation.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-17-2013 at 01:12 PM.

A guy to keep an eye on a little later in the draft is Nico Johnson. 5* out of high school and had a solid but quiet career at Alabama (freshman All SEC). His biggest problems were the amount of talent surrounding him. I'm not convinced a guy like Minter would be that much better than Johnson and you could get him later. At Alabama he was more of a run stopping linebacker, while Mosley was more of a passing down LB but he still moves REALLY well for his size and rarely gets knocked back. Another guy I'd be REALLY happy to land.

junior highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw

Again you go right to the stats like they prove anything.

Watch him play. Watch how rarely any OL get to him.

You keep anyone completely free most of the game up near the line and he will have huge numbers

Ogletree will have to move to weakside and be well protected at least for awhile. If he can learn to play more physically, actually use his hands once in awhile, and gain weight, then he can be a mike.

But he runs around like a zombie and he's fortunate to never have to fight through blockers.
    I have watched em play.. I've watched em one on one just dismantle Eddie Lacy at the goalline and pick up and drive TJ Yeldon into the ground 1on1... So what if he has to get alittle better at Shedding blocks, no ones perfect.. The guys got way much more going for em then Arhtur Brown does... Its not just stats.. Its athletic ability, its versatility, its frame to add weight, its playmaking ability, its everything! Ogletree is gonna be a stud in the NFL...

+ Reply to Thread