+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hence the MIKE has to cover more ground.

Urlacher is a much better LB than Briggs (over the course of their careers) and is much more integral to the Bears defense.

Chad Greenway is a SAM and I'm not sure you can make the case that he's better than E.J. Henderson was for that team at this point. E.J. Henderson certainly meant more to the Vikings than Greenway did.

Cato June currently plays SAM as well (transitioned two years ago when he went to Tampa).

And having a good WILL (or better WILL than MIKE) is not an indication of priority, but rather how your personnel choices worked out.

I meant compared to Ogletree. All things being equal, who would you rather have at WILL ... the 6'3 guy or the 6'1 guy?

Not sure he could play SAM. As you've pointed out, he's not strong enough at the point of attack. And nowhere do I see him listed larger than 225 lb (was 220 when drafted, and 215 throughout most of his college career).

And while I like Arthur Brown on tape, odds are that he's not the next Derrick Brooks.

Keep in mind that I like both Brown and Ogletree. I just think Ogletree translates better than Brown and fills a potential need more. Having said that, I thought Vontaze Burfict was going to be garbage and look how he's turning out. So I readily admit to being awful at judging college talent in translation.
    Ya, chances are hes more Jordan Dizon then he is Derrick Brooks...lol Nah, i really like Arthur Brown alot, but not when compared to Khaseem Greene and Alec Ogletree, or even Kevin Minter for thart matter..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hence the MIKE has to cover more ground.
    But isnt the more important player. Just has to be able to drop deep.

Urlacher is a much better LB than Briggs (over the course of their careers) and is much more integral to the Bears defense.
    Not really, they are comparable at the minimum. 7x probowl is pretty damn good.

Chad Greenway is a SAM and I'm not sure you can make the case that he's better than E.J. Henderson was for that team at this point. E.J. Henderson certainly meant more to the Vikings than Greenway did.

Cato June currently plays SAM as well (transitioned two years ago when he went to Tampa).

And having a good WILL (or better WILL than MIKE) is not an indication of priority, but rather how your personnel choices worked out.
    They were all Weakside backers. Some teams flip the names, and a lot of teams their OLBs play both sides.

I meant compared to Ogletree. All things being equal, who would you rather have at WILL ... the 6'3 guy or the 6'1 guy?
    Everything isnt equal. They are very different players. Brown is far more physical. And at weakside I dont care much if a guy is 6'1 or 6'3.

Not sure he could play SAM. As you've pointed out, he's not strong enough at the point of attack. And nowhere do I see him listed larger than 225 lb (was 220 when drafted, and 215 throughout most of his college career).
    https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/s...52899025821696

And while I like Arthur Brown on tape, odds are that he's not the next Derrick Brooks.
    Never said he would be. I was comparing physical size. There are a LOT of really good linebackers in the NFL who in the 6'1 235 range. Bowman- 6'0 and 240. Willis 6'1 240. Even Ray Lewis is 6'1 240. And if we are going to have an argument about Brown gaining like 5 pounds, thats not exactly significant.

Keep in mind that I like both Brown and Ogletree. I just think Ogletree translates better than Brown and fills a potential need more.
    I think Ogletree is a projection. He is not physical enough or good enough with his hands to be a middle linebacker right now. Is that a skill he will acquire quickly with coaching? Im not so sure it is. Im not sure its a skill he could ever acquire at all.

Brown is much more of a finished product. He still obviously has tons to learn, but he could step in week 1 and be an effective player.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    A guy to keep an eye on a little later in the draft is Nico Johnson. 5* out of high school and had a solid but quiet career at Alabama (freshman All SEC). His biggest problems were the amount of talent surrounding him. I'm not convinced a guy like Minter would be that much better than Johnson and you could get him later. At Alabama he was more of a run stopping linebacker, while Mosley was more of a passing down LB but he still moves REALLY well for his size and rarely gets knocked back. Another guy I'd be REALLY happy to land.

junior highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw
    +1 You hit that nail on the head!

All-Pro
    What round is Brown being projected at now?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What round is Brown being projected at now?
    this is one guy Ive seen all over the place 1st, 2nd & 3rd.. I'd say 2nd

Ur right everything isn't equal, Ogletree makes more plays, is more athletic, is inovled in more plays and will be more of a diffrence maker, which is what u want from ur early rd players. Not to mention, Ogletrees potential is through the roof, and hes all ready really good.. If its even close, the fact that Ogletree has seamlessly moved to LB and has little expierence there and is all ready very good, with high potential, is the deal breaker..

U gotta be the only one slip who would debate Ogletree and Brown.. Ogletree is all ready a 1st rd talent as a jr, and would probably only have his stock grow if he went back to school, adn Brown is a 2nd rd, possibly early 3rd rd prospect as a SR...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    this is one guy Ive seen all over the place 1st, 2nd & 3rd.. I'd say 2nd
    1st? Where have u seen Arthur Brown as a 1st rd prospect? I've seen em 2nd and early 3rd.. Hes a 2nd rd guy, who isn't going in RD1... Ogletrees a 1st rd guy , whos stock gonna fly when he goes to the combine...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    1st? Where have u seen Arthur Brown as a 1st rd prospect? I've seen em 2nd and early 3rd.. Hes a 2nd rd guy, who isn't going in RD1... Ogletrees a 1st rd guy , whos stock gonna fly when he goes to the combine...
    dont remember.. but I have seen Brown before at the end of the 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ur right everything isn't equal, Ogletree makes more plays, is more athletic, is inovled in more plays and will be more of a diffrence maker, which is what u want from ur early rd players. Not to mention, Ogletrees potential is through the roof, and hes all ready really good.. If its even close, the fact that Ogletree has seamlessly moved to LB and has little expierence there and is all ready very good, with high potential, is the deal breaker..

U gotta be the only one slip who would debate Ogletree and Brown.. Ogletree is all ready a 1st rd talent as a jr, and would probably only have his stock grow if he went back to school, adn Brown is a 2nd rd, possibly early 3rd rd prospect as a SR...
    It just amuses me that you get so attached to these prospects that you can never find a fault with them.

Ogletree is a shoe in for the hall of fame, clearly, by your comments. He does everything incredibly well, shedding blocks and using his hands is totally unimportant, and by the time of the combine he will be better than Ray Lewis.

Dont be surprised if Ogletree doesnt go in the first. It wouldnt surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    dont remember.. but I have seen Brown before at the end of the 1st..
    Yea, Brown is a late 1st to mid 2nd. Somewhere in that range. Same range for Ogletree, and probably Te'o now too.

Greene is another one in that range.

+ Reply to Thread