+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think Brown is about the prospect Lavonte David was last year
    David was way more productive and impacted games more then Arthur Brown... I know u guys hate stats, but David had over 130tackles, 5.5sacks, 2FF, 2FR, 13TFL, 2INTS..etc Brown had a stretch of 7straight games he didn't reach double digits in tackles which guys like Ogletree and David never came near...

Thats what i don't get, is if Brown is so much better then Ogletree, and Ogletrees not good at geting off blocks, why does he get way more tackles, way more TFL, more sacks, more everything? Wheres the benefit of whatever arthur brown is doing better then ogletree?

Also, if hes as good as David, then whats the point of David making so many more plays, behind teh line and in coverege?

WHy does Brown get all these accolades from you guys, when hes a undersized, non playmaking, dosen't rack up tackles like you would think, LB?

The more i look into Arthur Brown, the less i like... I liked em alot untill really delving into video and production.. For a guy who played in everygame, he rarley impacted the game, and wasen't all over the field making tackles either...

He only had 4 games of double digit tackles.. Lavonte David had like 10 or something... Ogletree had 7 and he missed 4games.. They also have more plays made as well, in covereg and behind the line.. I'm not getting why there in the same ball park to u guys? Is it what u guys think hes gonna turn into?

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    I'm by no means an expert, but I just watched Ogeltree vs Nebraska and he wasn't all that impressive (It sounds like he showed his potential vs Bama so I'll watch that). I just got watching Brown vs Miami, and he looked really good. Once again only two videos I've seen of either. Arthur Brown just seems way more agressive.
    Arthur Brown on the bottom there are more links to games

http://draftbreakdown.com/arthur-brown-vs-texas-2012

Ogletree same deal on the bottom done a lot more on him

http://draftbreakdown.com/alec-oglet...pital-one-bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Arthur Brown on the bottom there are more links to games

http://draftbreakdown.com/arthur-brown-vs-texas-2012

Ogletree same deal on the bottom done a lot more on him

http://draftbreakdown.com/alec-oglet...pital-one-bowl
    Awesome. How did Brown do against Oregon in the bowl game? It would be interesting to see how did against a Chip Kelly Offense.

Watching Brown vs Baylor, and RG3 is so annoying. 3:35 brought joy to my heart!

Just watched the Ogletree and Brown videos posted in the film room and here's my take on those two based on that tape

Brown - Made the more consistent plays in the run game but didn't have to deal with blockers on the frequency Ogletree did vs. Nebraska. He does seem to have better instincts than Ogletree as of now but I do worry about this guy way more than Ogletree in the future handling NFL caliber run games in the event his Dline doesn't keep him consistently clean. He displayed good discipline too and being completely honest, I'd rather have Brown on my team for a game TOMORROW.

Ogletree - He looked lost at times and was "erased" on some plays due to his Dline getting pushed around on the interior. What stood out to me was the flash plays he made by making a scrapy move on the ball in a 3rd and short situation to cause a forced fumble and it was at a very crucial moment. Don't forget the sack he had to close the game. He also can obviously put on another 10lbs and not lose any speed to affect his playmaking ability sideline to sideline.

Conclusion: Brown looks like he can be a really good weakside linebacker. Ogletree has a MUCH higher ceiling to be a big time impact linebacker in the league but he could bust if he goes to the wrong team and/or doesn't get put on a good conditioning and weightlifting program. Putting weight on Ogletree's frame is going to arguably be the biggest factor in his NFL future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Just watched the Ogletree and Brown videos posted in the film room and here's my take on those two based on that tape

Brown - Made the more consistent plays in the run game but didn't have to deal with blockers on the frequency Ogletree did vs. Nebraska. He does seem to have better instincts than Ogletree as of now but I do worry about this guy way more than Ogletree in the future handling NFL caliber run games in the event his Dline doesn't keep him consistently clean. He displayed good discipline too and being completely honest, I'd rather have Brown on my team for a game TOMORROW.

Ogletree - He looked lost at times and was "erased" on some plays due to his Dline getting pushed around on the interior. What stood out to me was the flash plays he made by making a scrapy move on the ball in a 3rd and short situation to cause a forced fumble and it was at a very crucial moment. Don't forget the sack he had to close the game. He also can obviously put on another 10lbs and not lose any speed to affect his playmaking ability sideline to sideline.

Conclusion: Brown looks like he can be a really good weakside linebacker. Ogletree has a MUCH higher ceiling to be a big time impact linebacker in the league but he could bust if he goes to the wrong team and/or doesn't get put on a good conditioning and weightlifting program. Putting weight on Ogletree's frame is going to arguably be the biggest factor in his NFL future.
    Good breakdown. thanks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    David was way more productive and impacted games more then Arthur Brown... I know u guys hate stats, but David had over 130tackles, 5.5sacks, 2FF, 2FR, 13TFL, 2INTS..etc Brown had a stretch of 7straight games he didn't reach double digits in tackles which guys like Ogletree and David never came near...

Thats what i don't get, is if Brown is so much better then Ogletree, and Ogletrees not good at geting off blocks, why does he get way more tackles, way more TFL, more sacks, more everything? Wheres the benefit of whatever arthur brown is doing better then ogletree?

Also, if hes as good as David, then whats the point of David making so many more plays, behind teh line and in coverege?

WHy does Brown get all these accolades from you guys, when hes a undersized, non playmaking, dosen't rack up tackles like you would think, LB?

The more i look into Arthur Brown, the less i like... I liked em alot untill really delving into video and production.. For a guy who played in everygame, he rarley impacted the game, and wasen't all over the field making tackles either...

He only had 4 games of double digit tackles.. Lavonte David had like 10 or something... Ogletree had 7 and he missed 4games.. They also have more plays made as well, in covereg and behind the line.. I'm not getting why there in the same ball park to u guys? Is it what u guys think hes gonna turn into?
    Khaseem Greene is another player that people are hype on but I don't see the hype? I saw in one mock he was taken at the 19th spot and i dug a little more into this kid. He doesn't look like a 1st round talent to me, nothing truly stands out about him besides he has played some safety.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

I remember David coming within a few pics of our 2nder & was thrilled at the idea of having him in NY.....that's one of the few times I actually support trading up,outside of the 1st round & you'd wouldn't lose much to get a steal on a 1st round LBr at the end of the 2nd....but whatever....

I agree ,Ogletree to me has the highest upside of all the LB's. The negatives with him could be related to inexperience at LB and lower body strength

+1

This was *exactly* my thinking between the two.

+ Reply to Thread