+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

Just watched some more tape of Ogletree and most of his failed tackles seem to be due to the lack of lower body strength like Redeye pointed out earlier but there were times during the SEC Championship that he made a goal line stand or crucial 3rd down stop like you would want our of your MLB. This guy can be something very special but I'd be cautious giving him too many snaps in an NFL defense in his rookie season. I could see him getting bullied against a run heavy team with his current build and lose confidence. I dunno...if I'm the coach, I put him on the field for more obvious passing downs and special teams in year 1 and then when he adds more weight for his sophomore year, let him compete for the starting job.

Brown looks like he can start on day 1 and make a solid contribution to a team that already has a decent front 7 though I just don't see future superstar in him. Slip said something about him starting in the middle earlier in the thread and I'd be curious what he saw in him to make that statement?

I have been campaigning for this guy,,,it's good to see people coming around on him,,although he will be gone by pick 19 I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Whatever, Put A Brown on the field against Alabama and see how he does. I know Kyle Long and the Oregon Oline made a ***** out of him in the Fiesta Bowl.

Two things can't be over looked here, Ogletree faced far greater competition in the SEC and out performed Brown who went up against alot of finnesse spread BIG 12 offenses. Ogletree's also two years younger then Brown who has far more experience at the Lb position
    I look at that TCU game as well.. Brown did nothing in that game, and TCU reminds me of a SEC team alot more then teams like Kansas, Ok st, Texas Tech, and all those other finesse teams do.. TCU litteraly shutdown Brown and made him as non factor as u can possibly be..

Lets watch that tape!!!!lol Again, i like Brown, but its pretty clear as day to why Ogletree is gonna get drafted ahead of him, in my opinion.. Ogletrees earned it...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I look at that TCU game as well.. Brown did nothing in that game, and TCU reminds me of a SEC team alot more then teams like Kansas, Ok st, Texas Tech, and all those other finesse teams do.. TCU litteraly shutdown Brown and made him as non factor as u can possibly be..

Lets watch that tape!!!!lol Again, i like Brown, but its pretty clear as day to why Ogletree is gonna get drafted ahead of him, in my opinion.. Ogletrees earned it...
    at the end of the day some guys that were beasts in college suck as pro's, and guys you thought had no chance turn out to be good players,,,you just can't tell,,even with college performances.

Meh, odds are that with our Dline issues like the ends not generating consistent pressure and the lack of depth in the middle, the Giants will probably snatch up another mid round LBer again. I'm expecting Chase for 2013 once more and the FO hoping Williams and Rivers stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Meh, odds are that with our Dline issues like the ends not generating consistent pressure and the lack of depth in the middle, the Giants will probably snatch up another mid round LBer again. I'm expecting Chase for 2013 once more and the FO hoping Williams and Rivers stay healthy.
    if that is the case I do not expect much from this team next year. the D couldn't stop a nose bleed.

Enigma,,,,what do you think of gerald hodges and aj klein? and how about the kid from WKU, andre jackson(coming out next year I believe?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I cant take another season with Blackburn as the MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    friggin' amen,,I am really hoping ogeltree is there at 19,,althought he giants will pick god knows who else.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    Enigma,,,,what do you think of gerald hodges and aj klein? and how about the kid from WKU, andre jackson(coming out next year I believe?)
    I've been following the trenches of the draft way more than any other positions and I really haven't had the opportunity to watch any recent tape on those guys mentioned. Just got started on Ogletree and Brown because of the debate in this thread. Though it would be quite funny if we drafted that Andrew Jackson kid to play the redskins twice a year.

The hype he gets annoys me way more. I swear that no other player on this team can make only one or two flash plays out of an entire game and be forgiven for the rest of his performance. It's mind boggling.

+ Reply to Thread