+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,677

    alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

    I would love to see us walk away with one of these guys in the first round or 2..my hope is for Ogeltree but Greene is starting to grow on me. anybody have the skinny on Greene? opinions on the others? which fits what we do best? I also am a fan of andrew jackson, LB WKU, but he is going back for his senior season.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 01-17-2013 at 01:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,405
    Add gerald hodges...

  3. #3
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Add gerald hodges...
    As a PSU fan, I never saw much in Gerald Hodges. I'm under the impression that he played at 225 this year and is now up to 251 at the E/W shrine game. He doesn't have the "It" factor that Sean Lee, Bowman, and Poz had. Tackling and Coverage skills are very suspect.

    Those thinking Te'o is going to slide over this supposed scandal are off the mark, IMO. Teams are probably going to laugh about it in the combine interviews and immediately move past it. I don't know what planet you guys are from but lying barely counts as a character concern compared to drugs and other crimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think outside linebacker may be a bigger need.

    Favorite Lb for me in this draft is Arthur brown. Who I do think could eventually become a middle backer, but he has a very nice skill set for weak side too
    Agreed. If they can shore up the DT position it would solve a lot of our problems in the middle of the defense. Arthur Brown looks good in coverage and wraps up well.
    Last edited by PBTimmons; 01-17-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  4. #4
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,200
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Add gerald hodges...
    Gerald Hodges is a sensational OLB prospect.. I am huge Ogletree, Greene, and Minter fans first and foremost, but have no problem with Brown, Hodges , and Red**** either.. Red**** had a monster season and really turned it on toward the end, had like 15.5 TFL or something...

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Not sure where Greene will play in the NFL.

  6. #6
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not sure where Greene will play in the NFL.
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

    And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

    As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

    Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

    He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

    Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

    I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

    Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,200
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

    And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

    As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

    Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

    He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

    Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

    I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

    Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    I"ve liked quite a few rutgers guys over the past several seasons, and Greene is up there on my list as well! Hes a beast! I love how hes always playing hard with those instincts and playmaking abiity.. I crave playmakers on this defense, becuase we have so very few, and haven't really had much outside the Dline in quite some time.. Greene will be all over the field picking up fumbles, causing them, making sacks, TFL, and being a high impact player the Defense despretley needs with charechter and energy...

  8. #8
    MLB is the biggest need on this team.. my guess is Ogletree, see how he does at the combine..

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    MLB is the biggest need on this team.. my guess is Ogletree, see how he does at the combine..
    I think outside linebacker may be a bigger need.

    In the Tampa 2 the most important linebacker is the weak side backer. The giants have boley who just isn't physical and is declining, rivers who spent all season hurt and is a FA, and J Will who was hurt all season and had some struggles against the run as well. A dominant weak side backer would change this defense a ton. And J will could move to the other lb spot and be a sub package guy.

    Favorite Lb for me in this draft is Arthur brown. Who I do think could eventually become a middle backer, but he has a very nice skill set for weak side too

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think outside linebacker may be a bigger need.

    In the Tampa 2 the most important linebacker is the weak side backer. The giants have boley who just isn't physical and is declining, rivers who spent all season hurt and is a FA, and J Will who was hurt all season and had some struggles against the run as well. A dominant weak side backer would change this defense a ton. And J will could move to the other lb spot and be a sub package guy.

    Favorite Lb for me in this draft is Arthur brown. Who I do think could eventually become a middle backer, but he has a very nice skill set for weak side too
    Most important position in a Tampa 2 is the MLB not the WILL. MLB is the joker (from the typical MLB role). The WILL performs the same function in the Tampa 2. The MLB has to cover more ground (and gets dropped into coverage more) in a Tampa 2.

    Ogletree could play either though imo. JWill could *not* play MIKE or SAM with any consistency. How do you put a guy who you say is weak against the run (and I agree ... JWill is not strong against the run) at the SAM or MIKE spots?!

    Not sure Arthur Brown has the size for either the WILL (kind of short compared to Ogletree) or the MLB (light). At 6'1, I'm not sure how much more weight his frame could take and still sustain his speed which is one of his strong points.

    Ogletree and Brown are currently ranked really close to each other but I have a feeling Ogletree will rise while Brown will stay around a mid to late 2nd rounder (meaning Brown might be available to us where Ogletree might not).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts