+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

  1. #81
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I've been following the trenches of the draft way more than any other positions and I really haven't had the opportunity to watch any recent tape on those guys mentioned. Just got started on Ogletree and Brown because of the debate in this thread. Though it would be quite funny if we drafted that Andrew Jackson kid to play the redskins twice a year.



    The hype he gets annoys me way more. I swear that no other player on this team can make only one or two flash plays out of an entire game and be forgiven for the rest of his performance. It's mind boggling.
    I agree about chase,,,check out andrew jackson some time when you are bored,,not coming out till next year but seems to be the real deal.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thats the way it is with LB's.. THey don't blow through blocks every play , or the blockers blocking them just plain su-ck.. Its a team game, anyway u look at it, and as we seen with Bill Sheridan as are DC, if u have a cr-ap scheme and units not playing well, iwts going to affect the whole team..

    HOnestly, i could throw a Arthur Brown tape up , and you'd see quite a few plays where hes blocked.. I mean, has a 228lb kid, who dosen't make a ton of plays and dosen't load up on the tackles, so hes obviously getting blocked or something on quite a few plays.. Its not like hes the only focal point of K.St's defnse either, they got some really nice players including Meshak Williams, who could be drafted anywhere from RD 4-7 as well..

    It really dosen't matter what dline is in front of Ogletree, he played his bowl game without Jenkins, which u guys never mention, and was great, and theres a 1000 awesome Olineman in the SEC anyways, including Alabamas oline, in which Mel Kiper raved Ogletree was teh best defender on the field in that game, and its saying something..

    Kiper also said, GA"s defense simply got better when Ogletree started playing..

    The way the BIG12 plays offense, Arthur Brown should of made a he-ll of alot more impact plays, and tackles....
    U take way to much stock into guys numbers. Greg Jones had 150 tackles and 9 sacks in college they are pretty meaningless in projecting players. Im far more interested in the eye test than what stats say. I never said Ogletree wasnt a good player all I said is he doesnt handle blocks from Lineman well. U guys make it out to be that Im attacking u personally.

  3. #83
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U take way to much stock into guys numbers. Greg Jones had 150 tackles and 9 sacks in college they are pretty meaningless in projecting players. Im far more interested in the eye test than what stats say. I never said Ogletree wasnt a good player all I said is he doesnt handle blocks from Lineman well. U guys make it out to be that Im attacking u personally.
    ogeltree actually isnt that bad shedding blocks,,he is a safety moved to LB and is still learning the position,,,,what he has shown cant be taught,,its god given athletic ability and instincts. adding some weight to that frame should remedy the blocking issues,,he just needs to get stronger.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I agree about chase,,,check out andrew jackson some time when you are bored,,not coming out till next year but seems to be the real deal.
    He's 6'1 and 265lbs?! Sounds like the guy is a fullback out there lmao. I'll give him a look after the 2013 draft probably and since I only hear great things about him, he goes on the personal radar. If we do go the mid round LBer route once more, I'd rather take a small 4-3 college DE type like Jamie Collins who I've been interested in as of late that has the athleticism to play in space and convert to a linebacker. The Kiwi experiment was good in theory and idea but he wasn't the right player for the job. Could you imagine if we had an outside linebacker who could pass rush, hold up to the run, and cover TEs/RBs out of the backfield?

  5. #85
    Jackson is a nice player but I dont think he declared .

  6. #86
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's 6'1 and 265lbs?! Sounds like the guy is a fullback out there lmao. I'll give him a look after the 2013 draft probably and since I only hear great things about him, he goes on the personal radar. If we do go the mid round LBer route once more, I'd rather take a small 4-3 college DE type like Jamie Collins who I've been interested in as of late that has the athleticism to play in space and convert to a linebacker. The Kiwi experiment was good in theory and idea but he wasn't the right player for the job. Could you imagine if we had an outside linebacker who could pass rush, hold up to the run, and cover TEs/RBs out of the backfield?
    I caught him by mistake and have followed him since. great instincts,,BIG hitter.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Jackson is a nice player but I dont think he declared .
    Yeah, he's returning to school. I guess he likes his chances better next year where he doesn't have to compete with the likes of Te'o hype. Redeye, weren't you the one who floated around the idea of Mingo coming to the Giants and converting to a 4-3 OLB? This team needs pass rushing help in the worst of ways and it would be nice if we could spread that threat out across the defense instead of just our DEs having that ability.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah, he's returning to school. I guess he likes his chances better next year where he doesn't have to compete with the likes of Te'o hype. Redeye, weren't you the one who floated around the idea of Mingo coming to the Giants and converting to a 4-3 OLB? This team needs pass rushing help in the worst of ways and it would be nice if we could spread that threat out across the defense instead of just our DEs having that ability.
    Yeah LB/Blitzer /3rd down DE role. He has closing speed can play the read option well. He probably wont make it to them but u never know

  9. #89
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah LB/Blitzer /3rd down DE role. He has closing speed can play the read option well. He probably wont make it to them but u never know
    is it wrong that I want ogeltree so badly? lol.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    is it wrong that I want ogeltree so badly? lol.
    No not at all I dont dislike him. He is an explosive playmaker just needs to improve against Olineman that could come with added bulk to his lower body especially. He has the most upside , He may be the 1st LB taken "Non pass rushing". Just because I point out something negative doesnt mean I dislike the player. I see faults with all of them
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-19-2013 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts