+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: alec ogeltree vs. manti te'o vs. kasheem greene vs. arthur brown,jr.

"4. When there are LBs that are good at shedding blocks, you're gonna get a bunch of people saying they can't drop back into coverage and how that's what is most important."

Im not so sure thats the case. The trend especially in the NFC East looks to be heading in the direction of running attacks. The Redskins , and now Chip Kelly going to Philadelphia looks to me more like running teams that will attack off the Play action pass. SF ,Seattle a team on the rise is a running team as well. I think the landscape is shifting who is ahead and who is behind.

As a Rutgers fan who watched Greene every game, the guy is all over the field and brings energy to the field with his play. Greene will be very good NFL LB, and I would love to have him with the Giants. He certainly would give this defense a big boost in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not sure where Greene will play in the NFL.
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    wonder how far Te'o will slide now..??
    I might eat my words, but I want nothing to do with Te'o..... between that Alabama game, and the whole fake girlfriend thing, I see "Marvin Austin" written all over this kid.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Rkblitz56 View Post
    As a Rutgers fan who watched Greene every game, the guy is all over the field and brings energy to the field with his play. Greene will be very good NFL LB, and I would love to have him with the Giants. He certainly would give this defense a big boost in the arm.
    Agreed 100% (see my post above for details).

- Emlen Tunnell

greene is nice but ogeltree would be the real prize.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Greene will excel as a pursuit/coverage linebacker..... he might be on the sideline in short yardage situations, but on 3rd and long, you're talking about the perfect linebacker for Fewell's system......he's a guy with the speed to blitz, cover, and defend the edge.

And given the new fad of read-option QBs, Greene has the speed to be one of the few LBs that can chase down fast QBs.

As a former safety, he's an excellent guy in coverage, too.....in fact, in short yardage, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Greene on the field as an in-the-box safety.

Like I said, his biggest liability is going to be shaking off head-on blocks....but he's got the speed to hopefull avoid them.

He's going to be leaving the board somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd round, and he'd be a perfect fit to Fewell's Cover-2. He and JW would be bookends.

Wherever he lands, he's going to upgrade some team's defense....especially in today's pass-happy, read-option NFL.

I'd be thrilled if he went to the Giants....I haven't been this stoked for a Rutgers guy since Ray Rice.

Full disclosure: I'm a Rutgers Alumni, so there's some bias here.
    I"ve liked quite a few rutgers guys over the past several seasons, and Greene is up there on my list as well! Hes a beast! I love how hes always playing hard with those instincts and playmaking abiity.. I crave playmakers on this defense, becuase we have so very few, and haven't really had much outside the Dline in quite some time.. Greene will be all over the field picking up fumbles, causing them, making sacks, TFL, and being a high impact player the Defense despretley needs with charechter and energy...

+ Reply to Thread