+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97
  1. #41
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,331
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It just amuses me that you get so attached to these prospects that you can never find a fault with them.

    Ogletree is a shoe in for the hall of fame, clearly, by your comments. He does everything incredibly well, shedding blocks and using his hands is totally unimportant, and by the time of the combine he will be better than Ray Lewis.

    Dont be surprised if Ogletree doesnt go in the first. It wouldnt surprise me.
    I agree...people always overrate guys every year & then have to nerve to talk about us taking a 1st/2nd round talent in like the 4th round....but anyways, I know one things forsure,after the 2nd round the LB talent drops....gMen have to make that move this draft

  2. #42
    The giants need to get quicker at lb with the style of offenses that NFC east is going too. Ogeltree and green for me now that Kelly is in Philly. Minter and Johnson in high on but coverage may be an issue. Old school type w minter/Johnson.

  3. #43
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It just amuses me that you get so attached to these prospects that you can never find a fault with them.

    Ogletree is a shoe in for the hall of fame, clearly, by your comments. He does everything incredibly well, shedding blocks and using his hands is totally unimportant, and by the time of the combine he will be better than Ray Lewis.

    Dont be surprised if Ogletree doesnt go in the first. It wouldnt surprise me.
    Ogletrees going in the 1st, and when he does, it'll be u backtracking that u like em and..etc ... And hes perdicted to go mostly in th 19-28 range, not late 1st - mid 2nd as u suggested... I'll gurantee he goes in the first.. The only one i was wrong on a gurantee was Akeem Ayers, who has ended up being a really productive all around player for the titans...

    And no, this has nothing to do with finding faults, but simply comparing Ogletree to Arthur Brown.. A shoe in for the HOF becuase i said hes better prospect then Arthur Brown??lol He is! THis is football man, u act like all these LB's aren't physical players.. Its not a sport u can sit around and not get dirty and have to make physical plays all the time.. All u can do, is go to he dosen't get off blocks from Olineman that well, like Arthur Brown blows through Offensivelineman left and right or something? The bottom line is Ogletree makes more plays, has more upside, makes hard hits almost every game, can stop a runner at the goalline by himself, is good in coverge, has some versatility, and has a frame to add plenty more weight and keep his athletiscim..

    Its just sometimes, u seem to like to make the debate about "wow, look what i said" , more so then its pretty clear as day.. Whenever people see something more clear as day, u pretty much chime in with there wrong... Ogletree is a much more touted prospect then Arthur Brown is, and to be honest, i'll be surprised if Arthur Brown goes before the end of RD 2.. Khaseem Greene will go before him, as will Ogletree, and proably Minter... And for good reason... Now, i love arthur brown, and if we get em, i'll be stoked, and i'm not gonna knock his game to try to make my point like you, as hes a good prospect no doubt, but Ogletree has done more in less time , and has more potential while all ready being really good.. Theres no denying that...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-18-2013 at 07:39 AM.

  4. #44
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,391
    Heres a Quote from Mel Kiper who has Ogletree going to Tampa Bay in RD 1... He makes a good point, put Ogletree behind a formidable Dline, and hes gonna be insane..

    He missed the first four games of 2012, but once Ogletree stepped onto the field for the Bulldogs, the defense was immediately better. If you saw Georgia and Alabama in the SEC championship game, perhaps no player made a bigger statement than Ogletree, who looked like the best player on the field that day (which says plenty). He covers the field from sideline to sideline, and I think could play anywhere at linebacker effectively. Line him up behind an emerging defensive line and next to Lavonte David and Mason Foster at linebacker, and this is an extremely formidable front seven for Greg Schiano.

  5. #45
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,391
    Find me one mock thats got Arthur Brown going in RD1? And find me one thats got Alec Ogletree not going in RD1? Also, what do u thinks gonna happen when Combine comes and Ogletree light it up? U think his stocks gonna fall? Almost every one of these mocks has Greene, Ogletree, Minter, and Te'O all going before Arthur Brown.. I've looke at about 100mocks in the past several months, and never once did i see Brown going in RD1.. Also, i remember when Ogletree wasen't perdicted to go in RD1, and i said, man if this kid goes to teh draft, hes going in RD 1..

    He compensates for not being teh best at getting around blocks, with speed, athletic ability , and range.. He also has great coverge ability with awesome length and room to pack on more weight....

    Click here for my 2012 NFL Mock Draft Database and here for my 2013 NBA Mock Draft Database.



    NFL Mock Draft Site Date No. 1 No. 2 No. 3 No. 4 No. 5
    WalterFootball.com: Charlie Campbell's 2013 NFL Mock Draft 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Fanspeak: Willy 1/18 S.Lotulelei B.Werner J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    New Sport Draft: Maestro 1/18 S.Lotulelei J.Jones J.Hankins D.Milliner L.Joeckel
    Draft Countdown 1/18 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Moore D.Milliner
    Expert Mock Draft 1/18 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Heff's Sports Blog: Adam 1/18 B.Werner D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    New NFL Draft: Omar 1/18 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    The Sports Hound 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Milliner J.Jones B.Werner
    DraftCalc 1/18 G.Smith J.Jones M.Barkley L.Joeckel M.Te'o
    B-Flo 360 1/18 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    New NFL Draft: Jared 1/18 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Debacled: Zappa 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
    NFL's Future 1/17 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Debacled: Buggsbunny 1/17 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Jordan L.Joeckel
    Guys NFL Draft Locker Room 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    New NFL Draft: Hunter 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
    Next Era NFL 1/17 S.Lotulelei J.Jones B.Werner E.Fisher D.Milliner
    Draft Utopia 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
    New NFL Draft: Tyler 1/17 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
    Draft Tek: Consensus 1/17 G.Smith B.Werner D.Milliner S.Lotulelei D.Jordan
    Buffalo Bills Draft: Eric 1/17 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Eat, Drink and Sleep Football: Hanson's 2014 1/17 J.Clowney T.Bridgewater J.Matthews M.Lee T.Lewan
    New NFL Draft: CJ 1/17 G.Smith D.Moore S.Richardson L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Draft Season: Lomas 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore L.Joeckel T.Lewan B.Werner
    ESPN.com: Kiper 1/16 L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Milliner J.Jones
    Draft King 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Moore B.Werner
    Heff's Sports Blog: Jacob 1/16 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner B.Werner
    College Sports Madness: Levine 1/16 L.Joeckel J.Jones B.Werner B.Jones S.Lotulelei
    CBS: Rang 1/16 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei J.Jones G.Smith B.Werner
    Your NFL Draft 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    NFL Trade Rumors 1/16 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Eat, Drink and Sleep Football: Hanson's 2013 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Extra Point 1/16 G.Smith B.Werner D.Milliner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel
    CBS: Brugler 1/16 G.Smith B.Werner B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Moore
    New NFL Draft: Orinda 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Draft Debacled: Burnham73 1/16 G.Smith J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner D.Moore
    Draft Debacled: Casey 1/15 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner B.Werner
    The Sports Bank 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Pro Football 4 Me 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    My NFL Draft 1/15 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Matpolrak 2013 Mock 1/15 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei D.Moore G.Smith B.Werner
    New NFL Draft: Santos 1/15 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei D.Milliner G.Smith B.Werner
    NFL's Future: Profetta 1/15 G.Smith L.Joeckel D.Moore S.Lotulelei D.Milliner
    NY Jets Draft: Alfieri 1/15 G.Smith S.Lotulelei T.Wilson L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    New NFL Draft: Cal 1/15 L.Joeckel D.Moore G.Smith C.Warmack B.Werner
    U-T San Diego 1/14 S.Lotulelei J.Jones B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Fanspeak: Steve 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Heff's Sports Blog: Matt 1/14 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Draft Debacled: Bball37 1/14 M.Glennon D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel B.Werner
    SB Nation: Kadar 1/14 G.Smith S.Lotulelei B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Moore
    JTW Mock 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    NFL Draft Chat 1/14 G.Smith S.Lotulelei J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Fan Sided: Sanchez 1/14 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    NE Patriots Draft 1/14 G.Smith B.Mingo S.Richardson L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Prospect Central 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    NBA Draft Guru 1/14 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei G.Smith B.Werner
    Sports Jabber 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones D.Moore L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Draft Season: Onebar 1/14 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Side Lion Report: Snyder 1/14 G.Smith B.Werner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    New NFL Draft: Peter 1/14 M.Barkley S.Lotulelei M.Te'o D.Milliner X.Rhodes
    Football Fan Spot 1/13 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Draft Debacled: ChaCha 1/13 G.Smith B.Werner D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Pigskin Heaven: Smith 1/13 G.Smith B.Werner S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Football Draft Analysis 1/13 L.Joeckel B.Werner S.Lotulelei G.Smith D.Moore
    Eagles Mock 1/13 G.Smith D.Moore S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Debacled: Jellis121 1/13 G.Smith D.Moore M.Te'o L.Joeckel J.Jones
    NFL Draft Geek 1/12 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
    Scout the Seahawks 1/11 G.Smith B.Werner B.Mingo L.Joeckel D.Moore
    The Saratogian 1/11 L.Joeckel J.Jones S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
    Draft Debacled: Kilo 1/11 L.Joeckel B.Werner S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
    NE Patriots Draft: Jones 1/10 G.Smith S.Lotulelei J.Jones D.Milliner B.Werner
    NFL Pro Zach: The Professor 1/10 M.Glennon J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Moore
    Draft Debacled: Dougula 1/10 G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Moore L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Debacled: Mr. Mock 1/10 L.Joeckel G.Smith S.Lotulelei D.Milliner D.Moore
    Turfsharks 1/10 G.Smith D.Moore J.Jones L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Site's 2014 1/10 J.Clowney T.Lewan T.Bridgewater D.Thomas M.Lee
    NFL Draft Room 1/9 G.Smith J.Jones S.Lotulelei L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Side Lion Report: Shackelford 1/9 G.Smith J.Jones B.Werner L.Joeckel D.Milliner
    Draft Debacled: Jawnyblaze 1/8 L.Joeckel S.Lotulelei M.Te'o D.Moore D.Milliner
    Vikings Territory 1/8 G.Smith B.Werner M.Barkley L.Joeckel M.Te'o
    Detroit Lions Draft: Risdon 1/8 G.Smith D.Moore B.Mingo D.Milliner D.Jordan
    NE Patriots Draft: Hope 1/8 T.Wilson J.Jones M.Te'o L.Joeckel B.Werner
    Draft Season: Ultimate 1/7 G.Smith J.Jones L.Joeckel M.Te'o B.Werner
    Fan Sided: Hill 1/7 L.Joeckel D.Moore J.Jones T.Lewan B.Werner
    Real Sports Hype's 2013 1/7

  6. #46
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I agree...people always overrate guys every year & then have to nerve to talk about us taking a 1st/2nd round talent in like the 4th round....but anyways, I know one things forsure,after the 2nd round the LB talent drops....gMen have to make that move this draft
    What the GMEN should do is try and trade down and secure extra picks in this draft.. Like i said before, u got all these underclassmen declaring(now a record!) and 2teams missing picks in RD2(browns for Supplamental drafting of Josh Gordon and Saints for Bountygate)..

    And then as u said, add a Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, Kevin Minter or whoever is there in RD2.. After watching Sean Weatherspoon, Patrick WIllis, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Navarro Bowman, Ray Lewis, Chad Greenway, Brian Cushing, Vontaze Burfict, Clay Matthews, Akeem Dent, Jerod Mayo, and on and on, do big things for there teams, who are all in the postsason minus Kuechly, whos panthers defense went night and day when he went ot MLB.. THey ended up being like 4th in the league in Total defense from the time he went to MLB for carolina.. Obviously some of these guys are straight up pass rushers , but still technically LB's, and most have SLB size in a 4/3 anyhow, and are undersized for DE in a 4/3...

    My point is this, we need to add one of these dynamic LB's in the first couple rds if possible.. If not, we gotta secure Gerald Hodges or Kevin Red**** at least.. See, in a perfect world, i'd like to add picks, and maybe get a Greene and Ogletree, or a Brown and Red****, or some combonation fo 2 LBs, one inside and one out... But we have other needs, so drafting for extra picks would be a great idea in my opinon..

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yea, Brown is a late 1st to mid 2nd. Somewhere in that range. Same range for Ogletree, and probably Te'o now too.

    Greene is another one in that range.
    I think Brown is about the prospect Lavonte David was last year

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What the GMEN should do is try and trade down and secure extra picks in this draft.. Like i said before, u got all these underclassmen declaring(now a record!) and 2teams missing picks in RD2(browns for Supplamental drafting of Josh Gordon and Saints for Bountygate)..

    And then as u said, add a Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, Kevin Minter or whoever is there in RD2.. After watching Sean Weatherspoon, Patrick WIllis, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Navarro Bowman, Ray Lewis, Chad Greenway, Brian Cushing, Vontaze Burfict, Clay Matthews, Akeem Dent, Jerod Mayo, and on and on, do big things for there teams, who are all in the postsason minus Kuechly, whos panthers defense went night and day when he went ot MLB.. THey ended up being like 4th in the league in Total defense from the time he went to MLB for carolina.. Obviously some of these guys are straight up pass rushers , but still technically LB's, and most have SLB size in a 4/3 anyhow, and are undersized for DE in a 4/3...

    My point is this, we need to add one of these dynamic LB's in the first couple rds if possible.. If not, we gotta secure Gerald Hodges or Kevin Red**** at least.. See, in a perfect world, i'd like to add picks, and maybe get a Greene and Ogletree, or a Brown and Red****, or some combonation fo 2 LBs, one inside and one out... But we have other needs, so drafting for extra picks would be a great idea in my opinon..
    Good post. On a sidenote... I remember campaigning on these messageboards for Navorro Bowman BIG TIME back in the day. Really wanted him.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ogletrees going in the 1st, and when he does, it'll be u backtracking that u like em and..etc ... And hes perdicted to go mostly in th 19-28 range, not late 1st - mid 2nd as u suggested... I'll gurantee he goes in the first.. The only one i was wrong on a gurantee was Akeem Ayers, who has ended up being a really productive all around player for the titans...

    And no, this has nothing to do with finding faults, but simply comparing Ogletree to Arthur Brown.. A shoe in for the HOF becuase i said hes better prospect then Arthur Brown??lol He is! THis is football man, u act like all these LB's aren't physical players.. Its not a sport u can sit around and not get dirty and have to make physical plays all the time.. All u can do, is go to he dosen't get off blocks from Olineman that well, like Arthur Brown blows through Offensivelineman left and right or something? The bottom line is Ogletree makes more plays, has more upside, makes hard hits almost every game, can stop a runner at the goalline by himself, is good in coverge, has some versatility, and has a frame to add plenty more weight and keep his athletiscim..

    Its just sometimes, u seem to like to make the debate about "wow, look what i said" , more so then its pretty clear as day.. Whenever people see something more clear as day, u pretty much chime in with there wrong... Ogletree is a much more touted prospect then Arthur Brown is, and to be honest, i'll be surprised if Arthur Brown goes before the end of RD 2.. Khaseem Greene will go before him, as will Ogletree, and proably Minter... And for good reason... Now, i love arthur brown, and if we get em, i'll be stoked, and i'm not gonna knock his game to try to make my point like you, as hes a good prospect no doubt, but Ogletree has done more in less time , and has more potential while all ready being really good.. Theres no denying that...
    The only thing he said is he doesnt shed blocks well and avoids lineman which is True. No 1 is discounting that he cant be a good NFL player.Just because he is pointing out a flaw doesnt mean he dislikes him as a prospect. Saying he is an early 2nd round pick instead of a Top 25 pick isnt an insult or personal attack.Players that get drafted from 25-40,45 are pretty much the same level of prospect anyway at least in my opinion they are

  10. #50
    I'm by no means an expert, but I just watched Ogeltree vs Nebraska and he wasn't all that impressive (It sounds like he showed his potential vs Bama so I'll watch that). I just got watching Brown vs Miami, and he looked really good. Once again only two videos I've seen of either. Arthur Brown just seems way more agressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts