+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tiki Barber: Success Of Giants' RB David Wilson Will Hinge On Timing

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/15/...nge-on-timing/

Excerpt: "There is no denying New York Giants running back David Wilson's potential. In just his first season with the team, he was named second-team All-Pro as a kick returner after establishing himself as one of the most dangerous return men in the NFL. As a running back, Wilson broke 12 of his 71 carries on the season for 10 or more yards, including a long of 52 yards against the New Orleans Saints.

However, that's not to say the rookie phenom does not still have a long way to go before he proves himself worthy of becoming the Giants feature running back. Today, former Big Blue standout Tiki Barber had his own analysis on where Wilson needs to improve.

"You realize that football is a dance, like a salsa or a tango,"Barber told The Wall Street Journal. "If I'm going too fast, then my partner is messing up. If I move too fast, my offensive line's timing is wrong. If I'm jumping the gun, then my quarterback is out of sync with me. It's going to take some time, but he'll figure it out." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I know of someone who would love to tango with Tiki lol

I have faith in Wilson. Quick, strong runner, fast learner.

Harooni will be here to waltz his way through the thread
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Wilson > Tiki

-waits-
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

I hope Wilson is the next Tiki..... on the field

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    He has great balance, can take a big hit at the hips and just roll with it. I like his upside.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    I'm not convinced he's a "fast learner", but I am convinced he will get it right.

# 80

That backflip picture has the most unfortunate timing. It looks like Wilson is diving head-first into the ground...

Everybody's success in the NFL hinges on discpline, Cornerbacks can't jump every route, Linebackers can't run through every gap, Ends can't go for the quarterback every down, Safetys can't go for the big play rather than the safe one.. I can go on and on. No different with Wilson than every other player in the NFL.