+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

The offseason for Tuck.

So it's easy to pick on the guy for his play the last couple of years with the exception of last years playoff run, but he may have some health issues. He used to be one of the best at his position. That could also be what seems to be bringing him down. Shoulder injuries are for real and take time to heal. More time than just the offseason. So, he had some work done last offseason. Any word on this offseason? He banged it up a bit this year. Just think that maybe if he rehabs it in he offseason and starts the season on IR maybe he will be closer to 100% by the time he comes back. The point is that he has not had the luxury of getting that shoulder fully healed and at his position he needs a healthy shoulder.

Does anybody know that it is in fact his shoulder that's causing his decline in play? Why does he keep playing when he knows he should be healing?
    Not just him, but many injured players on the team as well (Nicks).
    Uh..go Giants?

All-Pro
    All players want to believe they can come bak sooner. Some do. Usually shoulders take a while to rehab. It also depends on the position they play. As a DE/DT he needs that shoulder more than say a CB. He has to push off guys bigger than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    All players want to believe they can come bak sooner. Some do. Usually shoulders take a while to rehab. It also depends on the position they play. As a DE/DT he needs that shoulder more than say a CB. He has to push off guys bigger than he is.
    I agree, but that doesn't mean they can come back sooner. What I'm getting at is if someone is suffering a lingering injury, he needs to sit and get healthy. Ojomo or somebody might have gotten a few reps while JT was recovering.

If Tuck does in fact have an injury, I hope he recovers..not sure if he's returning but it sucks that he's continually hurt.
    Uh..go Giants?

All-Pro
    Right, so that's why maybe they start the season with him on IR so that he has more time to fully heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Right, so that's why maybe they start the season with him on IR so that he has more time to fully heal.
    But do we even know if he's injured?
    Uh..go Giants?

All-Pro
    Well he had some work done on it last off season and he dinged it up late this season. That shoulder has been an issue since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    But do we even know if he's injured?
    WE don't. But I'm sure the FO knows.

his shoulder has been bad sinse flozell dirt bag adams tripped him tuck is a warrior and he will give all he has but shoulders are tough and can be debilatating at times i had one and it never got all the way right

along with whatever injuries he has i think Tuck is just wearing down! and those injuries are the major contributor to him wearing down!

hes had a great career for the Giants but i doubt he starts again!