+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Giants Way vs Patriots

Every year we see the Patriots in the playoffs and more so than other teams repeating SB appearances. Football is a coaches game and some are better than others obviously, but what I notice is every year the Patriots cut players the rest of the league is surprised at and everyone says they can't repeat because of the D, or lackof talent at certain positions, or this or thaat player is down etc. What BB does is cut players, overpriced players, and star players before their production curve starts down the backside. Players are traded and replaced and some just not resigned. I beginning to believe that creates and maintains the hunger for SB appearances with the remaining players when mixed in with those newly signed. In other words each year the Patriots start our relatively new with a mix of veterans and newbies to their system and maintain the hunger to be the best and if they don't , they go.
    The Giants on the other hand keep disgruntled players too long, overpay some players on the downside of the production cycle. The salary cap might not be an issue trading or releasing a few stars past their prime performing. Yeah loyatly is great, but as Buckwheat always said, "IT'S BIDNESS." JR and TC, clean out some fading stardust trade, cut, release, and overpriced under performers, Be a Belichek
    Also I know wecould all name a few we'd like to see gone, but how many would trade a Tuck, or an Osi, release a Boley, and the too oft injured, and the Giants certainly have their share of them? BTW, I put all this in my resume's note section when I applied for the Giants' GM position at season end. Redog over and out

I agree. We hold on to players on the decline for way too long.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Yep, they keep reinventing themselves - the Giants don't.

Yet we still beat the Patriots twice in the Superbowl. I wouldn't trade the way we do things. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

I think the best organisations in the league all believe in the same philosophy. The patriots are just more efficient and ruthless at it than everyone else. The Steelers up until recently, were a close second.

Starter
    BB is a great coach and they know how to run things. He's a mastermind of the game. I also wouldn't trade up the way we do things just to mimic an organization that's had less overall sucess than us (3 lombardis compared to 4).

It will also be very soon to where the Patriots go back to the NFL Blitz days. What I mean by that is they'll be the NYJ of the AFC East very soon. Once Brady is gone and a couple key players, they won't be the same Patriots team that's dominated the decade.

All-Pro
    They also play in a division that almost guarantees them 6 wins a season. After 2007 they had not one a playoff game until last year and then they lost the Super Bowl again. It's nice to be consistently in the playoffs, but the Giants have had a better 5 year span.

not taking anything away from BB, but let's please give a little credit to having the greatest QB who has every played the game, or at least a QB that will be considered in that conversation.

So yes, BB and the whole organization has done a great job, but it helps just a little bit to have a guy like brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    They also play in a division that almost guarantees them 6 wins a season. After 2007 they had not one a playoff game until last year and then they lost the Super Bowl again. It's nice to be consistently in the playoffs, but the Giants have had a better 5 year span.
    this is true. they are alsways a solid team but i don't know if they are ever as good as their record indicates because that division is just awful and they get some cupcake schedules it seems. last year they didnt beat a team with a winning record until the AFC championship game which is ridiculous.

How quickly people forget about spygate.

Its been nearly a decade since they won a SB. (2004)