+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is Lance Armstrong dominating the news?

Why is Lance Armstrong dominating the news?

Does anyone really care about "cheating" at riding a bicycle? Speaking of which....why are there congressional hearings regarding steroids in sports in the first place? I'll tell you why.....because it effects Vegas and the high roller gambling special interests!!! In my humble opinion, we fans pay a lot of money to watch guys hit a ball or each other!!!....I want my athletes bigger, stronger, faster and meaner for my entertainment dollar!!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Apparently he was biting everyone's head off who asked him to come clean and acted like a big jerk to a lot of people.

There are a lot of *******s in the world.....Armstrong has gotten FAR MORE than his allotted 15 minutes.
    Last edited by FBomb; 01-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    There are a lot of *******s in the world.....Armstrong has gotten FAR MORE than his 15 minutes.
    That's the media and the world of sports for ya lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's the media and the world of sports for ya lol.
    sigh......when's the draft?

Hell...I may have even watched the Tour De France if there was a chance some fruit in bicycle shorts had "roid rage" and start taking out other riders!!

Cheating affects everyone. Other riders could not compete because they did not have the financial support to pay for top doctors to monitor and control any side effects of the doping.

People with fewer resources put their lives at risk doping.

Alexei cherepanov is an example of that. He was blood doping and it killed him.

Steroids are only one aspect of this. Don't have to use drugs to dope.

The other issue is if you allow doping in sports then the younger participants in sports will also want to dope. And they do not have the resources to do it as safely.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Does anyone really care about "cheating" at riding a bicycle? Speaking of which....why are there congressional hearings regarding steroids in sports in the first place? I'll tell you why.....because it effects Vegas and the high roller gambling special interests!!! In my humble opinion, we fans pay a lot of money to watch guys hit a ball or each other!!!....I want my athletes bigger, stronger, faster and meaner for my entertainment dollar!!!
    Because he defrauded people, the guy made over $100 million because he cheated and he was a bully.

It's not just "riding a bicycle", it's 7 Tour De France titles. If he didn't win any, no one would really give a ----. I guess he'll be put in the same group as his fellow cyclist Floyd Landis, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Marion Jones, a long list of American athletes to fall from famous accomplishments to absolute disgrace over performance enchaning drugs. The whole message all these sports are sending out by using them as examples is "Don't even think about cheating."
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread