+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Honey Badger

Tyrann Mathieu is a must have, 3rd round on. I don't care if he is too small, he plays like a heat seeking missile, and I feel he has finally learned and his problems are behind him. This guy has a rare type of talent. passionate, relentless, fearless, and an absolute ball hawking stud. If that doesn't do it for you he is pure electricity in the return game. some will knock his coverage skills but that can be coached up, his god given football instincts you can not. Take a look at this video in it's entirety and tell me with a straight face you would not be happy to have him on this football team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCBCUS73Z8

Love how the guy plays. I don't see the Giants blowing a third rounder on an undersized CB though.

I could see them picking him up in the 5th or 6th though if he's still available.

I say no on this one. I think the guy had great potential in the college game, but he is undersized for a CB and got exposed against Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I say no on this one. I think the guy had great potential in the college game, but he is undersized for a CB and got exposed against Alabama.
    not much of an arguement against him,,lots of college players have bad games against alabama, look at te'o against alabama.,,and on the flip side a lot of undersized players go on to have great careers. the point is the kid has value as a ball hawk AND return man. did you even watch the clip?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not much of an arguement against him,,lots of college players have bad games against alabama, look at te'o against alabama.,,and on the flip side a lot of undersized players go on to have great careers. the point is the kid has value as a ball hawk AND return man. did you even watch the clip?
    I've watched every televised game he has played in, so I don't need to watch any clips. He has potential, but not in the 3rd IMO. I don't personally think we use a 3rd pick on him when we already have a return man, he couldn't stay clean or out of trouble when he knew his career in football depended on it, has been away from the game and isn't a very good cover corner. In college he had a knack for being at the right place and making some big plays, but I don't think that will carry over for him into the NFL. He would at least be an upgrade as a returner I guess and does have knack for making plays, just not sure it's a gamble I'd want to take.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I've watched every televised game he has played in, so I don't need to watch any clips. He has potential, but not in the 3rd IMO. I don't personally think we use a 3rd pick on him when we already have a return man, he couldn't stay clean or out of trouble when he knew his career in football depended on it, has been away from the game and isn't a very good cover corner. In college he had a knack for being at the right place and making some plays, but I don't think that will carry over for him into the NFL, where he'll be more of a slow undersized CB sitting on the bench IMO.
    if you read my post I said anywhere from the 3rd round on,,meaning 3rd through 7th round. his ball hawking skills wont translate to the NFL? have you seen him strip the ball? that wont translate either? not sure I follow you at all,,sounds more to me that you are penalizing him for off field issues,,, he smoked weed, not sold crack and pimped ho's. he is a 20 year old kid who was dealing with a lot of pressure from new found fame. as far as return man goes..hixon might not be back,,and wilson will be the feature back next year,,so we need a return man,,,if we grabbed this kid in the 5/6/7th you would still be opposed? hey,,your entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Love how the guy plays. I don't see the Giants blowing a third rounder on an undersized CB though.

I could see them picking him up in the 5th or 6th though if he's still available.
    3rd round on Krunch,,,,,anywhere from the 3rd to the 7th round. he is starting to be mocked in the 3rd though(walterfootball),,,his ball and return skills can not be denied,,somebody will take a flier on him.

Badger in the 4th..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Badger in the 4th..
    like I said in another post,,,if we got this kid in any round I would learn to do a cart wheel,,cause I would be that excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    if you read my post I said anywhere from the 3rd round on,,meaning 3rd through 7th round. his ball hawking skills wont translate to the NFL? have you seen him strip the ball? that wont translate either? not sure I follow you at all,,sounds more to me that you are penalizing him for off field issues,,, he smoked weed, not sold crack and pimped ho's. he is a 20 year old kid who was dealing with a lot of pressure from new found fame. as far as return man goes..hixon might not be back,,and wilson will be the feature back next year,,so we need a return man,,,if we grabbed this kid in the 5/6/7th you would still be opposed? hey,,your entitled to your opinion.

Sorry, I missed the "and up" part. I thought you were saying grab him in the 3rd. No, I don't think his stripping balls will translate in the NFL I thought a lot of the fumbles he caused were actually kinda ridiculous, I used to joke that he had some sort of voodoo because he would just wrap people up sometimes and they would drop the ball... That's not going to happen against NFL RBs that know how to hold onto a football. I agree he has value as a return guy and I wouldn't be opposed to going after him in a later round, I just think the 3rd is too high for him. For the Honeybadger to be in position to make a lot of the plays he made in college, he would have to be on the field a lot, and if his cover skills haven't improved I think he'll be getting burned too much for the good to outweigh the bad. I'd like to see how his speed looks at his pro day (or wherever his showcase is). LSU used him on a lot of blitzes and in run support, which is where he made highlights, do you think he'd have that role in our system? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, he got busted smoking weed NUMEROUS times... enough to get kicked off the team... entered rehab... left rehab then was arrested for not smoking, but SELLING as well. To me, that makes him a f*cking bonehead.