+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nico Johnson LB, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I hated Sintim, argued with everyone on these forums about him before that draft.

Greg Jones I didnt think would be a starter, but i thought he wasent a bad pick for a 5th rounder.

I honestly knew nothing about Dillard pre-draft, but had hoped he had some ability.

Only recent LB I have truly liked was J Will after a couple videos of him were uploaded to youtube and I got to watch those.
    Actually Greg Jones wasn't a bad pick for a 6 th round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I posted this in another thread about linebackers, but figured I'd give it it's on thread.

A guy to keep an eye on a little later in the draft is Nico Johnson. 5* out of high school and had a solid but quiet career at Alabama (freshman All SEC). His biggest problems were the amount of talent surrounding him. I'm not convinced a guy like Minter would be that much better (if at all) than Johnson and you could get him later. At Alabama he was more of a run stopping linebacker, while
    Mosley was more of a passing down LB but he still moves REALLY well for his size and rarely gets knocked back. Another guy I'd be REALLY happy to land. He's listed at 6'3 245 but it seems Alabama's guys always measure a little shorter at the combine/pro day. What I like is that he seems to be under the radar right now, perhaps because he wasn't a consistent starter (depended on what type of offense Alabama faced, run heavy vs pass heavy).
    junior highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBTRPyY5lw

Gets to the outside really well, plays gaps well, shows an ability to shed blocks, reads plays really well and although there's not much
    footage here of him in coverage, he shows that he can handle it. Most importantly I see him taking on big SEC RBs and standing his ground.
    It's obvious that most who have responded to your thread have little to no clue of what Nico brings to the table. Good job on your part tho! Nico's a ball player!!

His best spot is as a 2 Down TED LB in a 3-4. Probably could be a run down LB in a 4-3 on the Strongside or as a Mike

Nico in the 4th..??

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    His best spot is as a 2 Down TED LB in a 3-4. Probably could be a run down LB in a 4-3 on the Strongside or as a Mike
    That's just like... yer opinion man.

That's just like... yer opinion man.
    Nick Sabans to he gets pulled in passing situations

what's the TED abbriv for?

Nick Sabans to he gets pulled in passing situations
    Because there's somebody that is better in passing situations than him.. CJ Mosley, who is one of the best linebackers in college football. Like I said before, his biggest problem has been the talent surrounding him. CJ Mosley (easily a 1st round draft pick) and Dont'a Hightower ( a first round draft pick). Doesn't mean he couldn't also be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    what's the TED abbriv for?
    TED Strongside Inside LB not really universal term. For instance Alabama calls the Strongside Inside LB the Mike and the Weakside inside linebacker the Will. In 2011 Nico played the Will and Hightower was the Mike on running Downs. CJ Mosley came in for Johnson on passing downs. This season Nico played both the Mike and the Will but Saban substituted like Crazy . Sometimes it was Depriest and Mosley in a 3-4 , others it was Nico and Depriest, or Mosley and Hubbard with 3 safeties, or 4-3 Defense with Depriest as the Mike , Hubbard as the SOLB and Mosley as the Will. They show a lot of looks

Because there's somebody that is better in passing situations than him.. CJ Mosley, who is one of the best linebackers in college football. Like I said before, his biggest problem has been the talent surrounding him. CJ Mosley (easily a 1st round draft pick) and Dont'a Hightower ( a first round draft pick). Doesn't mean he couldn't also be effective.
    i didnt say he was a bad player or anything just not very good moving backwards . Dont think he is a 3 down LB in the NFL

+ Reply to Thread