+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nico Johnson LB, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Your correct, essentially what he did in High School has no bearing on what he can do at the Pro level. I guess my point was he was an every snap player in high school and was dominant running the ball and working sideline to sideline on defense as well as pass coverage. He played HS ball an hour from where I live so I saw him several times when our local school played them. IMHO from what I have seen in person both at Andulusia High School and the University of Alabama be a run only LB is not an accurate assessment. Alabama is loaded with interchangeable talent. Concerns about his coverage ability exist only because he was not asked to do it. He has good speed, agility, smarts and toughness. To say he is going to be a 2 down LB is just tunnel vision. He was quoted this week at the Senior Bowl " I want to showcase everything I know I'm good at and showcase the things people have said I am not good at. People don't think I'm good at pass coverage. I have never really had a true chance to showcase that I can play on passing downs." I guess we will have a better gauge to decide what he can bring to the table after the Senior Bowl but right now it's a bit premature to label him a run only 2 down backer.
    I think your overrating his agility straight line speed is good but he is kind of tight hipped . I think he would be better off in a 3-4 where he wouldnt cover as much ground. Funny thing is he probably would be the best MLB on the Giants LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think your overrating his agility straight line speed is good but he is kind of tight hipped . I think he would be better off in a 3-4 where he wouldnt cover as much ground. Funny thing is he probably would be the best MLB on the Giants LOL
    It will be interesting to see how he pans out. I respect your opinion and knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread