+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants Keep Or Dump: Keith Rivers

for cheap.. yes, NY needs all the help they can get at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    for cheap.. yes, NY needs all the help they can get at LB.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm not opposed to keep him for the vet min. He was a decent player when he was on the field. Though that was rare
    Yeah. I'd say even if we can get him for up to $1.5m (base being vet min, the rest being made up in incentives), I'd definitely be down for it.

this guy is a piece of glass,,,what good is he even for depth if he isnt on the field? time to move on, it was a nice thought.

Players don't simply re-sign for cheaper contracts without testing FA first and then forced to take less money. I would love to find NFL players that are free willing to take paycuts and cheaper contracts like the rest. Keith Rivers has not proven to be worth $2 million per year and the Giants can do better. The Giants first round pick will be making less than that. A 5th round pick for Rivers on his contract year was a low-risk trade that didn't quite payoff imo so not much harm done.

All-Pro
    Rivers would come fairly cheap, seems to be a common sense move to bring him back for one more year and see how it goes. That being said, I would want to have a backup plan because it is very likely he will be injured for a good portion of the season
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I'm OK with re-signing him. He is very athletic and flashed so good skills. Hopefully another year in the system would improve his recognition and allow him to play more naturally and not be so lost. There has to be a chance he can go a season without signifigant injury, can't there? If they can get him for cheap id say, great. If he's looking for anymore money? Thanks for playing. Here are your parting gifts.

Keep FO cheap.

At veteran minimum I'd say keep him. When he's on the field, he's a force.

Definitely a keeper at the right price. I don't think they can afford to keep Boley (though I liked the way he played) and Blackburn was not what needed in the middle. Think that he may be a good guy to put in the middle and draft a young stud in the draft that can take over the middle!

+ Reply to Thread