+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants

Excerpt: "Today we're going to profile a 2013 NFL Draft prospect who can be absolutely dominating when he wants to be -- Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei (pronounced Lo-too-leh-lay).

Pros

Lotulelei has been a very productive player for the last two seasons. He has great size (6-foot-4, 320 pounds). He has great functional strength and can play essentially anywhere along the line 4-3 defensive tackle, 3-4 defensive end, 3-4 nose tackle, and even 3-4 defensive end in some schemes (especially Seattle's scheme). He's very quick, even though he is not extremely fast. Should be a terrific run stopper in a 4-3 system, or an immovable object in a 3-4.

Cons

He's not a dominating pass rusher in the mold of Ndamukong Suh, but he most likely won't be asked to be a penetrating pass rusher in the NFL. He has been inconsistent throughout college has he has learned to use his technique to beat blockers as opposed to just his strength. He'll be 24 years old as a rookie. Still needs to improve in the nuisances of the game (you can read that as what's usually called instincts) and some scouts question his motor.

Player comparison:

NFL.com -- Haloti Ngata. I don't think he's as athletic as Ngata is, personally." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Seattle doesnt run a 3-4 though.

Hes one of the maybe 5 players in this draft I think have no chance of making it to the giants

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Seattle doesnt run a 3-4 though.

Hes one of the maybe 5 players in this draft I think have no chance of making it to the giants
    So inconsistent ,disappears for long stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    So inconsistent ,disappears for long stretches.
    Yep, but when he actually is on, its hard to argue that he isnt possibly the most talented player in this draft.

He got a ton of attention from OLs too. Rare to see him 1 on 1, but when he is, he almost always wins those matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yep, but when he actually is on, its hard to argue that he isnt possibly the most talented player in this draft.
    I wonder how he will interview.He should be a better player than he is

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wonder how he will interview.He should be a better player than he is
    Yea, though I thought the same of Brockers last year. Always have to wonder just how well some of these top DL guys are actually coached in college.

If he falls to the Giants I would draft him I think.

+ Reply to Thread