+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stephen Jackson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Nope. I feel bad for the guy because he has always been a quiet guy on some bad teams, but I feel if the Giants brought anyone else in it would hinder the development of Wilson or any of our other young guys. Plus, salary cap would probably keep us from signing too many free agents in positions that we don't need.
    Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year. The result - A Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by par404 View Post
    Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year and the result - A Super Bowl
    anybody who doesn't think steven jackson would bring our running game to the next level along with david wilson are just delusional. if he tests free agency, and if the price is right this is no brainer. a legit chance to play with a legit QB and offense would be very appealing to him.

I like S Jax, always have.. Id just much rather address the RT situation or the terrible LB group.. I'll role with Wilson / Bradshaw / Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like S Jax, always have.. Id just much rather address the RT situation or the terrible LB group.. I'll role with Wilson / Bradshaw / Brown
    and what if brown gets hurt, again,,,and bradshaw hasnt been healthy in a while. he was a detriment to the running game this year,,,what if it happens again next season?

what if Locklear gets hurt..? oh wait.. what if Diehl sucks? oh yea.. what if the LBs cant make a play??
    Last edited by Carter.525; 01-19-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    and scott. We have enough money invested in the HB position with bradshaw. Only way I would have interest in jackson is if bradshaw got released.

And I dont think investing money in a 30 year old HB is an intelligent plan for the future anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    and scott. We have enough money invested in the HB position with bradshaw. Only way I would have interest in jackson is if bradshaw got released.

And I dont think investing money in a 30 year old HB is an intelligent plan for the future anyway.
    so paying a guy with 2 bad feet and was nothing short of a hindrance to the running game this year is intelligent? steven jackson right now is a better back than bradshaw ever was. he is durable and has plenty in the tank, and if he has the desire to keep playing,,its a no brainer. bradshaw is the odd man out, thank for the memories.

S Jax isnt coming here for peanuts anyway.. Giants got no $$$

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    so paying a guy with 2 bad feet and was nothing short of a hindrance to the running game this year is intelligent? steven jackson right now is a better back than bradshaw ever was. he is durable and has plenty in the tank, and if he has the desire to keep playing,,its a no brainer. bradshaw is the odd man out, thank for the memories.
    And Jackson would also likely be significantly more expensive than Bradshaw. So either way. I don't have much interest in Jackson. There are better places to spend money than hb.

Quote Originally Posted by par404 View Post
    Giants brought in OJ Anderson in Rodney Hampton's rookie year. The result - A Super Bowl.
    Umm no, Ottis was there since 1986. coming from the St. Louis Cardinals. Hampton was drafted in 1990. Hampton was drafted as the heir to Anderson but was hurt after gaining 455 yards. The next year he took over HB duties in full with Anderson spelling him along with Tillman.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 01-20-2013 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread