+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We should sign Nate Clements? Check out this trend....

We should sign Nate Clements? Check out this trend....

I uncovered an interesting pattern that turned out to be instrumental to our last 3 Superbowl victories . This may sound far-fetched but this felt like an awakening . It occurred to me that prior to winning the last 3 Superbowls we signed a key veteran free agent that had the following attributes: 1. They played defensive back. 2. They were formerly a 1st or 2nd round draft pick . 3. They never made it to the SB with their former teams. 4. They possess Intangible leadership qualities/confidence. These players are:

Everson Walls, Former first round pick of Dallas Cowboys. Superbowl XXV. Remember the game saving open field tackle of Thurman Thomas ? It was the biggest play in the game and helped prevent a possible TD that could have changed the outcome. I thought it was amazing that will all the star players on the 86' Giants, it was Walls on the Sports Illustrated cover photo as he was captured with his arms raised in the air after the game.

Sam Madison, Former 2nd round pick of the Miami Dolphins and R W McQuarters, Former 1st round pick of the Chicago Bears. Super Bowl XLII. An aggressive defense relies heavily on confidence. If a player is unsure of himself or the situation, then his pace is slowed. I always felt that Sam Madison was that special player that had unique instincts to make plays. He and R W had that football wisdom and confidence that could influence the outcome of games. I am sure with 20 years of combined experience they had made a huge impact on a young Aaron Ross ,Corey Webster and Gibril Wilson.
    Dion Grant. Former 2nd round pick of the Carolina Panthers, SuperBowl XLVI. How important was Grant last year? Grant was versatile , as he was able to play up top in a traditional safety spot or down low as a pseudo-linebacker. His presence and interchangeability enabled Perry Fewell to work around the loss of Terrell Thomas last season. Team chemistry, clutch play and motivation were key elements during the Super Bowl run last year. Grant, in particular, played a big part of the leadership circle. His leadership qualities were unparalled and he exuded veteran confidence that rubbed off on the team. Bottom line. No one was more hungry to win the Superbowl than Deon Grant in my opinion.. That was my take away.

Nate Clements. Former 1st round pick of the Buffalo Bills, SuperBowl XVIII? We should be able to get him cheap this year after his 2 year stint w/ the Bengals. His contract was 2 years /$ 10 million . Remember the $80 million dollar contract he signed with the 49ers back in 2007? No Superbowl with the 49ers thanks to the multiple coaching changes and .. ahem.. Alex Smith at QB. I am sure Nate is chomping at the bit to sign with a team that has a shot to win the SB. His leadership skills and veteran presence will have a positive impact with our young DBs, Jayron Hosley and Prince Amukamora.

Your thoughts?

Banned
    Nate Clements is a great football player and a class act.I hope we sign him.

I often wonder where CBS and FOX find the interns that come up with these type of blurbs for their commentators to actually say during a game.

Besides that, I would absolutely love Nate Clements in blue. I watched him for years every Sunday when he was with the Bills. Solid player. He left Buffalo for a fat contract and his play never was on par to being the highest paid defensive player in the league. But he is a damn good player, nonetheless.

Lets see how his pay check fits into our cap!

If we can fit him in, he'd fit perfectly with Prince. Webster is on a downhill roll..

I never try to be something I'm not,

Eli Manning

Why would you want a declining 34 year old player? Our already old defense needs to get younger not older.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    If we can fit him in, he'd fit perfectly with Prince. Webster is on a downhill roll..
    what? Webster is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    what? Webster is the man!
    The man at making burnt toast.. lol

I never try to be something I'm not,

Eli Manning

As I posted in another thread several weeks ago, Cory Webster morphed into Elvis Patterson this season. RF and the other old timers remember "Toast" we'll, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Why would you want a declining 34 year old player? Our already old defense needs to get younger not older.
    reminds me of when NY got Madison & McQuarters

+ Reply to Thread