+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Andre Brown injury affected G-men season

While looking at the 4 teams left and wondering why the Giants did not complete the 49er rematch with the Raven/Patriot rematch sets for the superbowl. the Andre Brown injury loom huge. Andre was one of the most consistent factors on this offense and when he went down you can tell this offense started to struggle, esp in the red(green) zone.

Andre injured + bradshaw hurt meant they had really no one capable of pass protection. They clearly did not trust Wilson to do it.

The ravens took full advantage of it sending DB pressure all game, which the backs have to take care of.

It's makes it even easier for defenses when Nicks is playing injured and completely shut down with single man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Hits View Post
    While looking at the 4 teams left and wondering why the Giants did not complete the 49er rematch with the Raven/Patriot rematch sets for the superbowl. the Andre Brown injury loom huge. Andre was one of the most consistent factors on this offense and when he went down you can tell this offense started to struggle, esp in the red(green) zone.
    Agree with this 100%. I had a very bad feeling when he got hurt, for him and for how it would effect our O.

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Hits View Post
    Even if Brown stayed healthy, Gilbride wouldn't have used him enough to make a difference.

Gilbride's mancrush on an injured Bradshaw was a major factor for the offensive struggles down the stretch. It's no surprise to me that the best late-season Giants performances includes a heavy dose of Wilson.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Even if Brown stayed healthy, Gilbride wouldn't have used him enough to make a difference.

Gilbride's mancrush on an injured Bradshaw was a major factor for the offensive struggles down the stretch. It's no surprise to me that the best late-season Giants performances includes a heavy dose of Wilson.
    That's not true, Brown was actually starting both halves of games when he got injured.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's not true, Brown was actually starting both halves of games when he got injured.
    Lumpkin.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Lumpkin.
    ??
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ??
    That's exactly what I was thinking while I was watching Lumpkin getting carries in a critical game that the Giants ultimately lost.

- Emlen Tunnell

Yeah; I dont know what 6 and 2 giants team you were watching but he was using Andre during that run with Bradshaw and remember; even though Bradshaw had some injury issues, Andre was also sidelined twice this season, with the second being the season ending. Brown had 8 TD with most coming on goal to go situations, when both Bradshaw and Eli could not get the ball across. To add more clarification on my initial statement. The season would ended with the Giants winning at least 1 or 2 more games with a healthy Andre Brown helping in on short yardage situations no matter how many more plays Ahmad would and should get. And those 1 or 2 game wins would be the difference in this team having a chance to defend the championship. With the 4 teams left; I still believe the Giants would have made another run. This group just fell apart due to many issues including injuries.