+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andre Brown injury affected G-men season

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    If Bradshaw was healthy to play in Carolina, Brown would have never seen the field.
    You can't rewrite history
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    If Bradshaw was healthy to play in Carolina, Brown would have never seen the field.

You mean like how Brown didnt have 52 snaps in week 2 against the Bucs? Oh wait...

Fact is Bradshaw was not taking 100% of the snaps all season. Brown would have got 30% or so of the snaps if bradshaw had stayed healthy all year.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You mean like how Brown didnt have 52 snaps in week 2 against the Bucs? Oh wait...

Fact is Bradshaw was not taking 100% of the snaps all season. Brown would have got 30% or so of the snaps if bradshaw had stayed healthy all year.
    It's more fun to shoot from the hip
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I just learned that if the Giants want him, which I am pretty sure they do, they only have to offer him (and three other ERFAs) a three year vet minimum and he/they have to take it of leave the NFL.
    yea id be surprised if the Giants dont sign him to a good contract!

if his future performances equals what we've seen so far i'll be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    yea id be surprised if the Giants dont sign him to a good contract!

if his future performances equals what we've seen so far i'll be happy!
    They could give him a 3 year vet minimum laced with incentives

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    ??
    That's exactly what I was thinking while I was watching Lumpkin getting carries in a critical game that the Giants ultimately lost.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Hits View Post
    Yeah; I dont know what 6 and 2 giants team you were watching but he was using Andre during that run with Bradshaw and remember; even though Bradshaw had some injury issues, Andre was also sidelined twice this season, with the second being the season ending. Brown had 8 TD with most coming on goal to go situations, when both Bradshaw and Eli could not get the ball across. To add more clarification on my initial statement. The season would ended with the Giants winning at least 1 or 2 more games with a healthy Andre Brown helping in on short yardage situations no matter how many more plays Ahmad would and should get. And those 1 or 2 game wins would be the difference in this team having a chance to defend the championship. With the 4 teams left; I still believe the Giants would have made another run. This group just fell apart due to many issues including injuries.

He used Brown mainly when he had no choice. When Brown went down, Gilbride refused to change things up.....he kept leaning on Bradshaw when it was painfully clear that he was not healthy enough to be a difference maker.

Gilbride thinks of running backs as pass blockers first, and it's a big reason why the offense choked at critical points this season.

For example, following a breakthough performance by Wilson, Gilbride goes instead with a journeyman (Lumpkin) the following week.

So, based on what I saw, no, I don't think a healthy Andre Brown would have made a big difference, because as long as Bradhshaw had a pulse, Gilbride thought he was the best option.

If Adrian Peterson was on the Giants, he'd probably probably struggle to get 1000 yards this season.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-19-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Anyone know where he is in his rehab? I don't know how complex the break was, and I've heard they've put him on the new temporary IR, though not sure if they simply did that to use it prior to expiration. Assuming he is re-sidgned, will he be healthy come TC?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking while I was watching Lumpkin getting carries in a critical game that the Giants ultimately lost.
    We've been over this. Lumpkin took a total of 31 snaps over 5 games
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-19-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Doesn't explain why we got shellacked by the Bengals.

+ Reply to Thread