+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Andre Brown injury affected G-men season

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You mean like how Brown didnt have 52 snaps in week 2 against the Bucs? Oh wait...

    Fact is Bradshaw was not taking 100% of the snaps all season. Brown would have got 30% or so of the snaps if bradshaw had stayed healthy all year.
    Bradshaw got injured in that game

  2. #32
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    101,910
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Anyone know where he is in his rehab? I don't know how complex the break was, and I've heard they've put him on the new temporary IR, though not sure if they simply did that to use it prior to expiration. Assuming he is re-sidgned, will he be healthy come TC?
    There haven't been any updates but the thought was to hopefully have him for the Super Bowl if they got that far.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  3. #33
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Bradshaw got injured in that game
    And your point is what? Bradshaw would have played 100% of the snaps all season if he didn't get hurt?

    That's clearly wrong, and it doesn't matter. Because Bradshaw didn't stay healthy

  4. #34
    Truth is, it's time to replace Gilbride.
    With what looks like what's going to be a much more potent offense next season, we need a much more aggressive OC.
    It is what it is.
    Loyalty will not win us championships and will only get our HC fired.
    BTW, I'm looking forward to watching the New York Browns next season!!!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    He used Brown mainly when he had no choice. When Brown went down, Gilbride refused to change things up.....he kept leaning on Bradshaw when it was painfully clear that he was not healthy enough to be a difference maker.

    Gilbride thinks of running backs as pass blockers first, and it's a big reason why the offense choked at critical points this season.

    For example, following a breakthough performance by Wilson, Gilbride goes instead with a journeyman (Lumpkin) the following week.

    So, based on what I saw, no, I don't think a healthy Andre Brown would have made a big difference, because as long as Bradhshaw had a pulse, Gilbride thought he was the best option.

    If Adrian Peterson was on the Giants, he'd probably probably struggle to get 1000 yards this season.
    let me say it again, because based on this statement, you need some more help getting it. If brown would have stayed healthy this Giant team would have won at the least one more game which will be the difference in making the playoffs. Thats all I was saying. I wasn't saying anything about him getting more carries or plays, he would have just gotten more touches in the "green" zone where we struggled once he was sidelined. It blows my mind that some just cant see that this kid was on the field all the way until he got hurt. And getting hurt by playing football means you were on the field playing in the game. Gimme a break, these clowns just don't get it.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    If Bradshaw was healthy to play in Carolina, Brown would have never seen the field.
    Your definitely in the cloud, many players in the league get their first chance when a starter goes down. Even Wilson got his chance to start for the first time this season because of injuries to both Bradshaw and Brown. And showed some good signs that he can "contribute". And thats what Brown did, he contributed when he got his opportunity. And he showed that he can be another RB in the G-men run attack period. Also, in actuality, it was the second game of the season vs the TB Bucks where Brown got a look and showed up when Ahmad went down and it was obvious that he needed to get some plays called for him. What a dumb reply from Cloud9 on 57 sauce.

  7. #37
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,194
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Truth is, it's time to replace Gilbride.
    With what looks like what's going to be a much more potent offense next season, we need a much more aggressive OC.
    It is what it is.
    Loyalty will not win us championships and will only get our HC fired.
    BTW, I'm looking forward to watching the New York Browns next season!!!
    Giants run one of the most aggressive offenses in the league...

  8. #38
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants run one of the most aggressive offenses in the league...
    Was getting ready to say the same thing. They take long shots down the field alot. They might not connect all the time but they definitely gamble.

  9. #39
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Was getting ready to say the same thing. They take long shots down the field alot. They might not connect all the time but they definitely gamble.
    I think by aggressive he really meant to say unpredictable, which along with aggressive would be nice to see.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think by aggressive he really meant to say unpredictable, which along with aggressive would be nice to see.
    Yes, unpredictable would be the word I'd want to see as well. When fans watching from a TV can tell what play is about to happen, you really think opposing DC's who get paid millions to pore over and analyze hours of game tape wouldn't be able to do the same thing?

    Killdrive is NOT a creative person. The problem is that he likes to think he is, but any of the times he calls plays like that direct snap to Bradshaw or that fake reverse to Cruz, those are just gimmick plays that, like the long bombs, have a low % rate. By the same token, he seems to avoid some common sense things: play action (especially when Wilson is on the field and the defense pretty much MUST respect that run threat no matter what), using Shotgun formations for what they're actually designed for (passing), etc.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-20-2013 at 03:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts