+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Brown injury affected G-men season

Quote Originally Posted by Astorian View Post
    I agree. We were (barely) able to work around every other injury, but there was no satisfactory replacement for Brown. When he went down I lost all realistic hope for the season.
    I felt the same way. When he went down, I knew it was going to be tough sledding with Hakeem not 100%. Brown's effective running even on 3rd and 4 and 5 situations made up for problems in other areas of the offense. And I like how you put it, "We were (barely) able to work around every other injury".

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He took 27 % of the snaps in the Steelers game, 60% in the Bengals game, and 37% in the Packers game when he had 13 carries for 63 yards and a TD before breaking his leg. I think he would have continued to share the load with Bradshaw if he hadn't broken his leg.
    Yea, Brown would have likely finished the season with around 35-40% of the snaps, then 10% for Wilson, and the remaining 50% for bradshaw.

Thats a fairly good mix. Though for next season I would like to see it more like 33% for each of the three. But injuries change that in a hurry.

All-Pro
    So that's why Webster sucked and was constantly picked on...

The brown injury was the final dagger, but the Nicks injury is what stalled this offense all season.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's not true, Brown was actually starting both halves of games when he got injured.
    Lumpkin.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yea, Brown would have likely finished the season with around 35-40% of the snaps, then 10% for Wilson, and the remaining 50% for bradshaw.

Thats a fairly good mix. Though for next season I would like to see it more like 33% for each of the three. But injuries change that in a hurry.
    I like Bradshaw but he needs to be the # 3 I'm afraid. No better than # 2 I hope to preserve what's left of his feet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Lumpkin.
    ??
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Hits View Post
    While looking at the 4 teams left and wondering why the Giants did not complete the 49er rematch with the Raven/Patriot rematch sets for the superbowl. the Andre Brown injury loom huge. Andre was one of the most consistent factors on this offense and when he went down you can tell this offense started to struggle, esp in the red(green) zone.
    i agree! Brown was a beast when he played! i think his injury was a significant factor in us not making the playoffs!

i look forward to him in the lineup next season!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    i agree! Brown was a beast when he played! i think his injury was a significant factor in us not making the playoffs!

i look forward to him in the lineup next season!
    I just learned that if the Giants want him, which I am pretty sure they do, they only have to offer him (and three other ERFAs) a three year vet minimum and he/they have to take it of leave the NFL.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.

# 80

Veteran
    If Bradshaw was healthy to play in Carolina, Brown would have never seen the field.

+ Reply to Thread