+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think by aggressive he really meant to say unpredictable, which along with aggressive would be nice to see.
    The Giants offense is anything but unpredictable. Second and long, we run the ball. We do take alot of shots but that is our style and so that isn't unpredictable either.

I would refer to our offense as selectively, predictably aggressive.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by LT_Hits View Post
    let me say it again, because based on this statement, you need some more help getting it. If brown would have stayed healthy this Giant team would have won at the least one more game which will be the difference in making the playoffs. Thats all I was saying. I wasn't saying anything about him getting more carries or plays, he would have just gotten more touches in the "green" zone where we struggled once he was sidelined. It blows my mind that some just cant see that this kid was on the field all the way until he got hurt. And getting hurt by playing football means you were on the field playing in the game. Gimme a break, these clowns just don't get it.
    You're entitled to your opinion. The fact that I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't get it. It means I disagree with you.

Personally, I thought Andre Brown was a great addition to this team. I thought he should have gotten alot more involved in the offense.

My opinion, based on Gibride's continued reluctance to play Wilson, is that a healthy Brown would not have made the difference, given Gilbride's over-reliance on an injured Bradshaw.

Wilson was clearly the best option at RB, and yet, in pivotal games v. Atlanta and the Falcons, was barely used.

The same thing happened when Brown was healthy.....Gilbride was clearly of the opinion that a banged-up Bradshaw was the best option.

That's why, during the Ravens game, Gilbride had Bradshaw in the backfield, and Eli almost got killed because Bradshaw couldn't plant nor pivot in pass protection. This, despite the fact that Wilson had scored on a nifty TD run to make it 14-7. After that, Wilson disappeared, and the rout was on.

The same thing would have happened with Brown....again, just my opinion.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    If Bradshaw was healthy to play in Carolina, Brown would have never seen the field.
    I agree.

It's up to Reese to fix the running game, since Gilbride clearly has no clue.

I'm sure Reese was not pleased watching his #1 pick being mothballed for most of the season....a season that ended with the Giants on the outside looking in.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell